Cancer-Stricken Michael C. Hall Gets Closer to His Wife Jennifer Carpenter
Michael C. Hall has grown closer to his wife Jennifer Carpenter since battling cancer - and the couple now cherishes "every second" together. The "Dexter" actor began treatments for Hodgkin's lymphoma last year, but he kept his diagnosis a secret until last week, January 13, when he revealed he had been battling cancer and is now in remission. And Carpenter, who plays his adopted sister on the hit series, is counting herself "very lucky" that Hall is now on the road to recovery.
She tells Access Hollywood, "He's great. Very lucky (he) caught it early - it's 98 percent curable, so it's basically choosing the treatment and sticking with it. After two rounds of treatment, he was in complete remission. He's just finishing up to make sure it stays that way. He wanted to let everybody know and he's been receiving so much support and good thoughts. That's been the kick that he needed to just finish it up."
She adds, "It's always felt like an opportunity to get closer and I'm just so impressed with him and anyone who's had to go through it. Every second's special with him, it sounds corny but it's true. I'm very lucky."
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser