Cancer-Stricken Michael C. Hall Gets Closer to His Wife Jennifer Carpenter
Michael C. Hall has grown closer to his wife Jennifer Carpenter since battling cancer - and the couple now cherishes "every second" together. The "Dexter" actor began treatments for Hodgkin's lymphoma last year, but he kept his diagnosis a secret until last week, January 13, when he revealed he had been battling cancer and is now in remission. And Carpenter, who plays his adopted sister on the hit series, is counting herself "very lucky" that Hall is now on the road to recovery.
She tells Access Hollywood, "He's great. Very lucky (he) caught it early - it's 98 percent curable, so it's basically choosing the treatment and sticking with it. After two rounds of treatment, he was in complete remission. He's just finishing up to make sure it stays that way. He wanted to let everybody know and he's been receiving so much support and good thoughts. That's been the kick that he needed to just finish it up."
She adds, "It's always felt like an opportunity to get closer and I'm just so impressed with him and anyone who's had to go through it. Every second's special with him, it sounds corny but it's true. I'm very lucky."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season