Cancer-Stricken Michael C. Hall Gets Closer to His Wife Jennifer Carpenter
Michael C. Hall has grown closer to his wife Jennifer Carpenter since battling cancer - and the couple now cherishes "every second" together. The "Dexter" actor began treatments for Hodgkin's lymphoma last year, but he kept his diagnosis a secret until last week, January 13, when he revealed he had been battling cancer and is now in remission. And Carpenter, who plays his adopted sister on the hit series, is counting herself "very lucky" that Hall is now on the road to recovery.
She tells Access Hollywood, "He's great. Very lucky (he) caught it early - it's 98 percent curable, so it's basically choosing the treatment and sticking with it. After two rounds of treatment, he was in complete remission. He's just finishing up to make sure it stays that way. He wanted to let everybody know and he's been receiving so much support and good thoughts. That's been the kick that he needed to just finish it up."
She adds, "It's always felt like an opportunity to get closer and I'm just so impressed with him and anyone who's had to go through it. Every second's special with him, it sounds corny but it's true. I'm very lucky."
More Michael C. Hall News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent