Melissa Auf der Maur 'Disappointed' Over Courtney Love's Tour With Hole's New Line Up
Former Hole bassist Melissa Auf der Maur has slammed Courtney Love's decision to resurrect the band without her, insisting she is "surprised" and "disappointed" by the move. In 2009, Love announced plans to bring the Celebrity Skin group back to the stage, plotting gigs in North America and Europe, but the news didn't go down well with the singer's former bandmates Eric Erlandson and Auf der Maur.
Erlandson alleged Love had signed a contract banning her from using the name Hole without him, while Auf der Maur claimed she had been left out of the star's plans. Love recently announced a string of Hole gigs, hinting she had settled her dispute with Erlandson - but Auf der Maur admits she was shocked to discover the concerts had been booked without her.
She tells Spinnermusic.co.uk, "I want to make it clear that I have nothing to do with this series of concerts. Honestly, I'm a little surprised by this turn of events. I am disappointed that they are going to jeopardize a real Hole reunion, which I think would be great for fans and fun for us, the band. (Love is) really is jeopardizing the Hole reunion, which is not impossible, but it will be if this continues."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7