Paul McCartney Is Turned Down to Be Them Crooked Vultures' Bassist
Paul McCartney wanted a place in Dave Grohl's supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, but was turned down in favor of Led Zeppelin legend John Paul Jones. The Beatles star teamed up with the Foo Fighters frontman onstage for a performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards, and when the pair went out for dinner afterwards Grohl revealed his plans for a new band with Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.
The veteran musician offered his services, but was disappointed when Grohl turned him down - because the rocker had already asked Jones to play bass. McCartney says, "We went out for a bite to eat afterwards and Dave told me he was starting this band with Josh."
"I asked him who was playing bass and he rather sheepishly told me he'd approached John," he continues. "So you read it here first - Paul McCartney was nearly the bass player in Them Crooked Vultures."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign