Paul McCartney Is Turned Down to Be Them Crooked Vultures' Bassist
Paul McCartney wanted a place in Dave Grohl's supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, but was turned down in favor of Led Zeppelin legend John Paul Jones. The Beatles star teamed up with the Foo Fighters frontman onstage for a performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards, and when the pair went out for dinner afterwards Grohl revealed his plans for a new band with Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.
The veteran musician offered his services, but was disappointed when Grohl turned him down - because the rocker had already asked Jones to play bass. McCartney says, "We went out for a bite to eat afterwards and Dave told me he was starting this band with Josh."
"I asked him who was playing bass and he rather sheepishly told me he'd approached John," he continues. "So you read it here first - Paul McCartney was nearly the bass player in Them Crooked Vultures."
More Paul McCartney News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist