Paul McCartney Is Turned Down to Be Them Crooked Vultures' Bassist
Paul McCartney wanted a place in Dave Grohl's supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, but was turned down in favor of Led Zeppelin legend John Paul Jones. The Beatles star teamed up with the Foo Fighters frontman onstage for a performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards, and when the pair went out for dinner afterwards Grohl revealed his plans for a new band with Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.
The veteran musician offered his services, but was disappointed when Grohl turned him down - because the rocker had already asked Jones to play bass. McCartney says, "We went out for a bite to eat afterwards and Dave told me he was starting this band with Josh."
"I asked him who was playing bass and he rather sheepishly told me he'd approached John," he continues. "So you read it here first - Paul McCartney was nearly the bass player in Them Crooked Vultures."
More Paul McCartney News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'