Paul McCartney Is Turned Down to Be Them Crooked Vultures' Bassist
Paul McCartney wanted a place in Dave Grohl's supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, but was turned down in favor of Led Zeppelin legend John Paul Jones. The Beatles star teamed up with the Foo Fighters frontman onstage for a performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards, and when the pair went out for dinner afterwards Grohl revealed his plans for a new band with Queens of the Stone Age singer Josh Homme.
The veteran musician offered his services, but was disappointed when Grohl turned him down - because the rocker had already asked Jones to play bass. McCartney says, "We went out for a bite to eat afterwards and Dave told me he was starting this band with Josh."
"I asked him who was playing bass and he rather sheepishly told me he'd approached John," he continues. "So you read it here first - Paul McCartney was nearly the bass player in Them Crooked Vultures."
More Paul McCartney News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic