Maria Bello Pledges to Help Haitian Earthquake Victims on the Ground
"Coyote Ugly" star Maria Bello has vowed to fly to earthquake-ravaged Haiti to help those affected by the disaster. The actress helped set up anti-poverty organization Artists for Peace and Justice and has spent several years working to help the country, which was hit by a 7.0-magnitude tremor last week.
And she is planning to visit the nation to help volunteer aid workers on the ground as soon as she can arrange a flight. She says, "I've been to Haiti, met the beautiful people there, and we have an organization called Artists for Peace and Justice started by (filmmaker) Paul Haggis and myself. Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Olivia Wilde and us work with the most incredible human being there who built the first children's hospital (there)."
"I talked to him yesterday and I said, 'What can we do?' and he said 'Please get the word out and tell everyone you know to get out their work boots and come help me dig my people out'. And for us, that means giving money," she adds. "In the next couple of weeks, we are planning to go down (to Haiti). We don't know when that will be because you can't really fly in right now, but we're trying our best."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones