Maria Bello Pledges to Help Haitian Earthquake Victims on the Ground
"Coyote Ugly" star Maria Bello has vowed to fly to earthquake-ravaged Haiti to help those affected by the disaster. The actress helped set up anti-poverty organization Artists for Peace and Justice and has spent several years working to help the country, which was hit by a 7.0-magnitude tremor last week.
And she is planning to visit the nation to help volunteer aid workers on the ground as soon as she can arrange a flight. She says, "I've been to Haiti, met the beautiful people there, and we have an organization called Artists for Peace and Justice started by (filmmaker) Paul Haggis and myself. Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Olivia Wilde and us work with the most incredible human being there who built the first children's hospital (there)."
"I talked to him yesterday and I said, 'What can we do?' and he said 'Please get the word out and tell everyone you know to get out their work boots and come help me dig my people out'. And for us, that means giving money," she adds. "In the next couple of weeks, we are planning to go down (to Haiti). We don't know when that will be because you can't really fly in right now, but we're trying our best."
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo