Maria Bello Pledges to Help Haitian Earthquake Victims on the Ground
"Coyote Ugly" star Maria Bello has vowed to fly to earthquake-ravaged Haiti to help those affected by the disaster. The actress helped set up anti-poverty organization Artists for Peace and Justice and has spent several years working to help the country, which was hit by a 7.0-magnitude tremor last week.
And she is planning to visit the nation to help volunteer aid workers on the ground as soon as she can arrange a flight. She says, "I've been to Haiti, met the beautiful people there, and we have an organization called Artists for Peace and Justice started by (filmmaker) Paul Haggis and myself. Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Olivia Wilde and us work with the most incredible human being there who built the first children's hospital (there)."
"I talked to him yesterday and I said, 'What can we do?' and he said 'Please get the word out and tell everyone you know to get out their work boots and come help me dig my people out'. And for us, that means giving money," she adds. "In the next couple of weeks, we are planning to go down (to Haiti). We don't know when that will be because you can't really fly in right now, but we're trying our best."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'