Maria Bello Pledges to Help Haitian Earthquake Victims on the Ground
"Coyote Ugly" star Maria Bello has vowed to fly to earthquake-ravaged Haiti to help those affected by the disaster. The actress helped set up anti-poverty organization Artists for Peace and Justice and has spent several years working to help the country, which was hit by a 7.0-magnitude tremor last week.
And she is planning to visit the nation to help volunteer aid workers on the ground as soon as she can arrange a flight. She says, "I've been to Haiti, met the beautiful people there, and we have an organization called Artists for Peace and Justice started by (filmmaker) Paul Haggis and myself. Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Olivia Wilde and us work with the most incredible human being there who built the first children's hospital (there)."
"I talked to him yesterday and I said, 'What can we do?' and he said 'Please get the word out and tell everyone you know to get out their work boots and come help me dig my people out'. And for us, that means giving money," she adds. "In the next couple of weeks, we are planning to go down (to Haiti). We don't know when that will be because you can't really fly in right now, but we're trying our best."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media