Shakira Benefits the World by Shopping
Shakira refuses to feel guilty about splashing her cash, because her spending habits help boost the global economy. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker used to worry about spending money on material things, but now she's convinced she can benefit the world by shopping.
She says, "I do like to enjoy things any normal girl my age enjoys: I jog in the park, watch really bad movies. I used to feel guilty - I am a Catholic girl after all - but today, the way I see it, shopping keeps the world rolling. A world where people don't consume? The economy gets worse."
Personally, Shakira has dated Antonio de la Rua, the son of former President Argentina Fernando de la Rua, since 2000 and got engaged in March 2001. She has not planned a marriage, writing on her Twitter account on September 4, 2009, "We are neither married nor fighting. We are very together and very good. 9 years!"
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge