Shakira Benefits the World by Shopping
Shakira refuses to feel guilty about splashing her cash, because her spending habits help boost the global economy. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker used to worry about spending money on material things, but now she's convinced she can benefit the world by shopping.
She says, "I do like to enjoy things any normal girl my age enjoys: I jog in the park, watch really bad movies. I used to feel guilty - I am a Catholic girl after all - but today, the way I see it, shopping keeps the world rolling. A world where people don't consume? The economy gets worse."
Personally, Shakira has dated Antonio de la Rua, the son of former President Argentina Fernando de la Rua, since 2000 and got engaged in March 2001. She has not planned a marriage, writing on her Twitter account on September 4, 2009, "We are neither married nor fighting. We are very together and very good. 9 years!"
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women