Shakira Benefits the World by Shopping
Shakira refuses to feel guilty about splashing her cash, because her spending habits help boost the global economy. The "Hips Don't Lie" hitmaker used to worry about spending money on material things, but now she's convinced she can benefit the world by shopping.
She says, "I do like to enjoy things any normal girl my age enjoys: I jog in the park, watch really bad movies. I used to feel guilty - I am a Catholic girl after all - but today, the way I see it, shopping keeps the world rolling. A world where people don't consume? The economy gets worse."
Personally, Shakira has dated Antonio de la Rua, the son of former President Argentina Fernando de la Rua, since 2000 and got engaged in March 2001. She has not planned a marriage, writing on her Twitter account on September 4, 2009, "We are neither married nor fighting. We are very together and very good. 9 years!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'