'Heroes' actor Jimmy Jean-Louis Had Touching Reunion With His Parents in Haiti
"Heroes" star Jimmy Jean-Louis enjoyed an emotional reunion with his parents this weekend, January 16-17, after he flew home to his native Haiti following the country's devastating earthquake. The Caribbean nation was rocked by a tremor on Tuesday, January 12, which left thousands dead and many more homeless.
Jean-Louis feared his mother and father had lost their lives in the chaos, but was overjoyed to find out they had both survived the disaster and flew back to Haiti to see them. And the actor admits he was relieved to be reunited with his parents.
He tells RadarOnline, "It was nice and it was peaceful to see my parents because we already had comes to terms that I was coming. It was just this amazing relief to see each other. It was calm and very emotional but nice to be able to see them and hug them - a genuine simple hug. That was great."
But Jean-Louis was shocked by the unimaginable scenes of horror he witnessed in his homeland. He adds, "From going around the neighborhood, everyday, many times a day, I don't know how many times they come and they bring dead bodies just to burn them, just to burn. You see them being burned, you smell them. It's the most horrific picture I have ever seen. Something I wouldn't wish anyone would ever see, it's so graphic."
He continues, "It is so terrible what has happened to Haiti. I think people still have no idea even with all the pictures you see, even with all the videos you see, you still have no idea of how bad it is. You really don't. It is extremely, extremely bad."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival