Susan Sarandon Dragged Into Table Tennis Club Lawsuit
Susan Sarandon has been caught up in a legal battle over her New York City table tennis club, with several investors alleging they have been frozen out of the business. The Hollywood actress is one of several entrepreneurs who have handed over cash to help set up SPiN, which launched in September 2009.
But two businessmen, Bill Mack and Iwona Herdzik, claim they aren't happy with the way the club is being run and have filed a lawsuit claiming they have been shut out of operations. The papers, filed at Manhattan Supreme Court last week, allege SPiN's founders Andrew Gordon, Franck Raharinosy and Jonathan Bricklin - the man who was recently linked to newly single Sarandon - issued additional shares of the company to third parties without their approval, mismanaged SPiN's finances and threatened to shut the club and file bankruptcy.
A representative for SPiN tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Bill and Iwona attempted to take control of SPiN New York, but the judge flatly denied that request. There is zero truth to the allegations that the club is seeking bankruptcy protection. They tried to work out their differences with Bill and Iwona over a heated table tennis match at SPiN, but they ended up in court, which is a lot less fun."
Sarandon, 63, split from her long term partner, actor Tim Robbins, in December 2009, and was subsequently linked to Bricklin, 31. However, a representative for the actress dismissed rumors of a romance, insisting the pair's relationship is "strictly a business one."
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik