Susan Sarandon Dragged Into Table Tennis Club Lawsuit
Susan Sarandon has been caught up in a legal battle over her New York City table tennis club, with several investors alleging they have been frozen out of the business. The Hollywood actress is one of several entrepreneurs who have handed over cash to help set up SPiN, which launched in September 2009.
But two businessmen, Bill Mack and Iwona Herdzik, claim they aren't happy with the way the club is being run and have filed a lawsuit claiming they have been shut out of operations. The papers, filed at Manhattan Supreme Court last week, allege SPiN's founders Andrew Gordon, Franck Raharinosy and Jonathan Bricklin - the man who was recently linked to newly single Sarandon - issued additional shares of the company to third parties without their approval, mismanaged SPiN's finances and threatened to shut the club and file bankruptcy.
A representative for SPiN tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Bill and Iwona attempted to take control of SPiN New York, but the judge flatly denied that request. There is zero truth to the allegations that the club is seeking bankruptcy protection. They tried to work out their differences with Bill and Iwona over a heated table tennis match at SPiN, but they ended up in court, which is a lot less fun."
Sarandon, 63, split from her long term partner, actor Tim Robbins, in December 2009, and was subsequently linked to Bricklin, 31. However, a representative for the actress dismissed rumors of a romance, insisting the pair's relationship is "strictly a business one."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support