Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Treat Simon Baker With Special Duet at G'Day Gala
Aussie actor Simon Baker received a tuneful treat as he was honored at the G'Day USA gala on Saturday, January 16 - fellow antipodeans Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sang him a duet. "The Mentalist" actor was picking up an Excellence in Television and Film Award, along with "Muriel's Wedding" star Toni Collette, at the Aussie ex-patriates' ball, which takes place annually in Hollywood during Los Angeles' Australia Week.
And Kidman, who was scheduled to present the award, gave Baker a taste of home as she appeared on stage with her husband - before kicking off her shoes and dancing and singing while Urban strummed Men at Work classic, "Down Under". The pair playfully changed the lyrics to, "His name is Simon Baker. Surfer dude. Home renovator. He was bound to be a Hollywood player."
And Baker was thrilled with the presentation, quipping: "Wow. That song is something. That was a bit of a treat." Golfer Greg Norman was also feted at the ceremony.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour