Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Treat Simon Baker With Special Duet at G'Day Gala
Aussie actor Simon Baker received a tuneful treat as he was honored at the G'Day USA gala on Saturday, January 16 - fellow antipodeans Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sang him a duet. "The Mentalist" actor was picking up an Excellence in Television and Film Award, along with "Muriel's Wedding" star Toni Collette, at the Aussie ex-patriates' ball, which takes place annually in Hollywood during Los Angeles' Australia Week.
And Kidman, who was scheduled to present the award, gave Baker a taste of home as she appeared on stage with her husband - before kicking off her shoes and dancing and singing while Urban strummed Men at Work classic, "Down Under". The pair playfully changed the lyrics to, "His name is Simon Baker. Surfer dude. Home renovator. He was bound to be a Hollywood player."
And Baker was thrilled with the presentation, quipping: "Wow. That song is something. That was a bit of a treat." Golfer Greg Norman was also feted at the ceremony.
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered