Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Treat Simon Baker With Special Duet at G'Day Gala
Aussie actor Simon Baker received a tuneful treat as he was honored at the G'Day USA gala on Saturday, January 16 - fellow antipodeans Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sang him a duet. "The Mentalist" actor was picking up an Excellence in Television and Film Award, along with "Muriel's Wedding" star Toni Collette, at the Aussie ex-patriates' ball, which takes place annually in Hollywood during Los Angeles' Australia Week.
And Kidman, who was scheduled to present the award, gave Baker a taste of home as she appeared on stage with her husband - before kicking off her shoes and dancing and singing while Urban strummed Men at Work classic, "Down Under". The pair playfully changed the lyrics to, "His name is Simon Baker. Surfer dude. Home renovator. He was bound to be a Hollywood player."
And Baker was thrilled with the presentation, quipping: "Wow. That song is something. That was a bit of a treat." Golfer Greg Norman was also feted at the ceremony.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!