Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Treat Simon Baker With Special Duet at G'Day Gala
Aussie actor Simon Baker received a tuneful treat as he was honored at the G'Day USA gala on Saturday, January 16 - fellow antipodeans Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sang him a duet. "The Mentalist" actor was picking up an Excellence in Television and Film Award, along with "Muriel's Wedding" star Toni Collette, at the Aussie ex-patriates' ball, which takes place annually in Hollywood during Los Angeles' Australia Week.
And Kidman, who was scheduled to present the award, gave Baker a taste of home as she appeared on stage with her husband - before kicking off her shoes and dancing and singing while Urban strummed Men at Work classic, "Down Under". The pair playfully changed the lyrics to, "His name is Simon Baker. Surfer dude. Home renovator. He was bound to be a Hollywood player."
And Baker was thrilled with the presentation, quipping: "Wow. That song is something. That was a bit of a treat." Golfer Greg Norman was also feted at the ceremony.
More Nicole Kidman News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama