Sigourney Weaver Mocks Herself on 'Saturday Night Live'
Sigourney Weaver showed off her singing and comedy skills on late-night TV in America on Saturday night, January 16 - and even poked fun at herself during her second "Saturday Night Live" guest hosting stint. The actress played a vertigo-suffering nightclub singer trying to get down from atop a piano, an Eastern European darts player, a member of disco-era duo Amber & Cream and she even recreated her characters from "Aliens" and "Avatar" for hilarious skits.
But the highlight of her appearance on the weekly U.S. comedy show came when she had a laugh at her own expense. Weaver pretended to be obsessed with online comments from bloggers about her and her films during a dinner party at her home.
Chuckling about the fact one internet image clearly showed her nipple, she said, "Do you think men are gonna masturbate to this? Do you think women will?" She also took aim at a fictitious critic, who wrote, "Sigourney Weaver is an old horse face who be straight up nasty (sic)."
The actress raged, "That's a terrible thing to write... I should slap her. I should slap her in her b**ch mouth... I'm taller than most women, I could really mess her up. I'm Sigourney frigging Weaver."
She concluded the show by paying tribute to "my dad" Sylvester "Pat" Weaver the former president of NBC - the network on which "SNL" airs. The actress started the show by displaying a shot of her as a child with her parents backstage at the studios where the comedy program is shot.
Sigourney Weaver on a prank about herself:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna