Eminem's Bulletproof Vest Shocks Jay-Z
Hip-hop superstar Jay-Z was shocked to discover his friend Eminem wears a bulletproof vest - insisting he feels sorry for the rapper because there is a "dark cloud" hanging over him. Jay-Z teamed up with Eminem in the studio in 2003, a year after the "Stan" hitmaker released his highly-acclaimed record "The Eminem Show".
The "Big Pimpin'" star admits he felt body armor under his pal's clothes when he gave him a hug - and he realized the extent of Eminem's problems. He tells Interview magazine, "I never even told him this, but I remember that Eminem came into the studio when we made "Moment of Clarity", which he produced, on "The Black Album". So here's Eminem. It's 2003, he was, like, the biggest rapper in the world - he sold, like, 20 million records worldwide or some ridiculous number."
"But when he came to the studio, I remember I hugged him and I could feel that he had on a bulletproof vest. I couldn't imagine being that successful. I mean, he's a guy who loves rap and wanted to be successful his whole career. Then he finally gets it, and there's this dark cloud over him. He has to be afraid to walk around New York freely. I was like, 'Here it is. You've gotten everything you wanted, and now you're a prisoner of your own fame.' That's sad to me - that you have to walk around in a bulletproof vest after you've sold 20 million records. I found it sad."
More Jay-Z News
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot