Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' in U.S. Version
Ricky Gervais is planning to reprise his "The Office" character in the U.S. version of the hit sitcom, according to tabloid reports. Gervais retired bad boss David Brent after just two seasons of the hugely popular British program, before taking the show to the U.S. where it has become a massive hit with Steve Carell playing paper company executive Michael Scott.
Gervais has always rejected reports he'll resurrect Brent for the U.S. version, but he hinted at a change of mind during a press tour to promote his new HBO stand up comedy special this week, January 15. And Entertainment Weekly columnist Michael Ausiello claims the star is plotting an appearance in the forthcoming sixth season.
Ausiello writes, "I heard an unconfirmed rumor earlier today that Ricky Gervais was seriously considering reprising his role as original Office manager David Brent on the U.S. version later this season. I think there's a very strong chance that Michael Scott is going to come face-to-face with his British doppelganger, the only question now is when."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary