Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' in U.S. Version
Ricky Gervais is planning to reprise his "The Office" character in the U.S. version of the hit sitcom, according to tabloid reports. Gervais retired bad boss David Brent after just two seasons of the hugely popular British program, before taking the show to the U.S. where it has become a massive hit with Steve Carell playing paper company executive Michael Scott.
Gervais has always rejected reports he'll resurrect Brent for the U.S. version, but he hinted at a change of mind during a press tour to promote his new HBO stand up comedy special this week, January 15. And Entertainment Weekly columnist Michael Ausiello claims the star is plotting an appearance in the forthcoming sixth season.
Ausiello writes, "I heard an unconfirmed rumor earlier today that Ricky Gervais was seriously considering reprising his role as original Office manager David Brent on the U.S. version later this season. I think there's a very strong chance that Michael Scott is going to come face-to-face with his British doppelganger, the only question now is when."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation