Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' in U.S. Version
Ricky Gervais is planning to reprise his "The Office" character in the U.S. version of the hit sitcom, according to tabloid reports. Gervais retired bad boss David Brent after just two seasons of the hugely popular British program, before taking the show to the U.S. where it has become a massive hit with Steve Carell playing paper company executive Michael Scott.
Gervais has always rejected reports he'll resurrect Brent for the U.S. version, but he hinted at a change of mind during a press tour to promote his new HBO stand up comedy special this week, January 15. And Entertainment Weekly columnist Michael Ausiello claims the star is plotting an appearance in the forthcoming sixth season.
Ausiello writes, "I heard an unconfirmed rumor earlier today that Ricky Gervais was seriously considering reprising his role as original Office manager David Brent on the U.S. version later this season. I think there's a very strong chance that Michael Scott is going to come face-to-face with his British doppelganger, the only question now is when."
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie