Ricky Gervais to Reprise 'The Office' in U.S. Version
Ricky Gervais is planning to reprise his "The Office" character in the U.S. version of the hit sitcom, according to tabloid reports. Gervais retired bad boss David Brent after just two seasons of the hugely popular British program, before taking the show to the U.S. where it has become a massive hit with Steve Carell playing paper company executive Michael Scott.
Gervais has always rejected reports he'll resurrect Brent for the U.S. version, but he hinted at a change of mind during a press tour to promote his new HBO stand up comedy special this week, January 15. And Entertainment Weekly columnist Michael Ausiello claims the star is plotting an appearance in the forthcoming sixth season.
Ausiello writes, "I heard an unconfirmed rumor earlier today that Ricky Gervais was seriously considering reprising his role as original Office manager David Brent on the U.S. version later this season. I think there's a very strong chance that Michael Scott is going to come face-to-face with his British doppelganger, the only question now is when."
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake