Harrison Ford Called 'Elitist' by Chicago Mayor
Harrison Ford has come under fire from the Mayor of Chicago, Illinois after wading into a debate about the city's former airport, with the politician calling the Hollywood star "elitist". Ford, a keen pilot, criticized Mayor Richard M. Daley over his controversial decision to bulldoze the city's Meigs Field airport in 2003 and turn it into a public park.
The "Indiana Jones" star told the Chicago Sun Times, "(I am) furious. I don't think I've been as angry about anything in a long time. (Closing the airport was) unthinkable. I'm still livid about it." Daley has now hit back at the actor, insisting Ford has no idea what's best for the people of Chicago.
He says, "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him. He doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."
More Harrison Ford News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated