Harrison Ford Called 'Elitist' by Chicago Mayor
Harrison Ford has come under fire from the Mayor of Chicago, Illinois after wading into a debate about the city's former airport, with the politician calling the Hollywood star "elitist". Ford, a keen pilot, criticized Mayor Richard M. Daley over his controversial decision to bulldoze the city's Meigs Field airport in 2003 and turn it into a public park.
The "Indiana Jones" star told the Chicago Sun Times, "(I am) furious. I don't think I've been as angry about anything in a long time. (Closing the airport was) unthinkable. I'm still livid about it." Daley has now hit back at the actor, insisting Ford has no idea what's best for the people of Chicago.
He says, "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him. He doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."
More Harrison Ford News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media