Harrison Ford Called 'Elitist' by Chicago Mayor
Harrison Ford has come under fire from the Mayor of Chicago, Illinois after wading into a debate about the city's former airport, with the politician calling the Hollywood star "elitist". Ford, a keen pilot, criticized Mayor Richard M. Daley over his controversial decision to bulldoze the city's Meigs Field airport in 2003 and turn it into a public park.
The "Indiana Jones" star told the Chicago Sun Times, "(I am) furious. I don't think I've been as angry about anything in a long time. (Closing the airport was) unthinkable. I'm still livid about it." Daley has now hit back at the actor, insisting Ford has no idea what's best for the people of Chicago.
He says, "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him. He doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder