Harrison Ford Called 'Elitist' by Chicago Mayor
Harrison Ford has come under fire from the Mayor of Chicago, Illinois after wading into a debate about the city's former airport, with the politician calling the Hollywood star "elitist". Ford, a keen pilot, criticized Mayor Richard M. Daley over his controversial decision to bulldoze the city's Meigs Field airport in 2003 and turn it into a public park.
The "Indiana Jones" star told the Chicago Sun Times, "(I am) furious. I don't think I've been as angry about anything in a long time. (Closing the airport was) unthinkable. I'm still livid about it." Daley has now hit back at the actor, insisting Ford has no idea what's best for the people of Chicago.
He says, "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him. He doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch