Harrison Ford Called 'Elitist' by Chicago Mayor
Harrison Ford has come under fire from the Mayor of Chicago, Illinois after wading into a debate about the city's former airport, with the politician calling the Hollywood star "elitist". Ford, a keen pilot, criticized Mayor Richard M. Daley over his controversial decision to bulldoze the city's Meigs Field airport in 2003 and turn it into a public park.
The "Indiana Jones" star told the Chicago Sun Times, "(I am) furious. I don't think I've been as angry about anything in a long time. (Closing the airport was) unthinkable. I'm still livid about it." Daley has now hit back at the actor, insisting Ford has no idea what's best for the people of Chicago.
He says, "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him. He doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."
More Harrison Ford News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes