Pras 'Reunites' With Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill in The Fugees for Haiti
Rapper Pras is considering reuniting The Fugees for a special benefit concert to raise money for earthquake-devastated Haiti. The star - who has Haitian roots - previously poured scorn on the chances of the "Killing Me Softly" hitmakers getting back together, insisting the group was "straight dead". But he's hoping to convince ex-bandmates Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill to put aside their differences for the one-off show in aid of those affected by the massive tremor. He says, "That's the only reason I would think about doing anything on that level."
Pras has also criticized the government officials in the poverty-stricken country for failing to take precautions before the disaster struck. He tells Yo! Raps, "There's no communication down there. My mother told me this morning that she still has her mother's brothers and sister, who I've never met, who are still down in Haiti."
He adds, "This is definitely the worst and that's why the donations are cool, the relief aid is immediate short term, but the nation's government has to be held accountable for not using the hundreds of millions it has received in aid over the years to build up the poor infrastructure and crumbling hospitals to treat the many wounded and gravely injured."
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video