Pras 'Reunites' With Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill in The Fugees for Haiti
Rapper Pras is considering reuniting The Fugees for a special benefit concert to raise money for earthquake-devastated Haiti. The star - who has Haitian roots - previously poured scorn on the chances of the "Killing Me Softly" hitmakers getting back together, insisting the group was "straight dead". But he's hoping to convince ex-bandmates Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill to put aside their differences for the one-off show in aid of those affected by the massive tremor. He says, "That's the only reason I would think about doing anything on that level."
Pras has also criticized the government officials in the poverty-stricken country for failing to take precautions before the disaster struck. He tells Yo! Raps, "There's no communication down there. My mother told me this morning that she still has her mother's brothers and sister, who I've never met, who are still down in Haiti."
He adds, "This is definitely the worst and that's why the donations are cool, the relief aid is immediate short term, but the nation's government has to be held accountable for not using the hundreds of millions it has received in aid over the years to build up the poor infrastructure and crumbling hospitals to treat the many wounded and gravely injured."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester