Pras 'Reunites' With Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill in The Fugees for Haiti
Rapper Pras is considering reuniting The Fugees for a special benefit concert to raise money for earthquake-devastated Haiti. The star - who has Haitian roots - previously poured scorn on the chances of the "Killing Me Softly" hitmakers getting back together, insisting the group was "straight dead". But he's hoping to convince ex-bandmates Wyclef Jean and Lauryn Hill to put aside their differences for the one-off show in aid of those affected by the massive tremor. He says, "That's the only reason I would think about doing anything on that level."
Pras has also criticized the government officials in the poverty-stricken country for failing to take precautions before the disaster struck. He tells Yo! Raps, "There's no communication down there. My mother told me this morning that she still has her mother's brothers and sister, who I've never met, who are still down in Haiti."
He adds, "This is definitely the worst and that's why the donations are cool, the relief aid is immediate short term, but the nation's government has to be held accountable for not using the hundreds of millions it has received in aid over the years to build up the poor infrastructure and crumbling hospitals to treat the many wounded and gravely injured."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie