Bar Refaeli Criticized by Homeland Leading Army for Not Paying Tax
A leading Israeli army general has declared war on supermodel Bar Refaeli after learning she applied to be registered as a non-Israeli resident to avoid paying tax in her homeland. The stunning girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio has come under fire from the country's Major-General Avi Zamir for not registering herself as a tax-paying citizen.
The army official has urged the nation's youth, who have to fulfill two-years mandatory military service, to boycott any products she promotes, as she never completed her own drafting. Zamir says, "At the end of the day, she is the one who has to look at herself in the mirror."
The controversy mirrors the army's outrage after Refaeli was excused from national service when she allegedly married a family friend and divorced him in 2007. Married women in Israel do not need to fulfill their military duties.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered