Rihanna Claims 'Insecurity' Covered Relationship With Chris Brown
Rihanna has opened up about her doomed relationship with Chris Brown - admitting "control issues" took a "big toll" on her emotions. The couple split in 2009 after Brown viciously attacked her in a car after a pre-Grammy Awards party in Los Angeles in February 2009.
Brown later insisted he was "shocked" by his violent behavior because he was "never that kind of person" - but "Umbrella" hitmaker Rihanna has now hinted there were signs the couple's relationship could descend into abuse. She tells W magazine, "There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn't have to be physical."
"Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you."
More Rihanna News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked