Rihanna Claims 'Insecurity' Covered Relationship With Chris Brown
Rihanna has opened up about her doomed relationship with Chris Brown - admitting "control issues" took a "big toll" on her emotions. The couple split in 2009 after Brown viciously attacked her in a car after a pre-Grammy Awards party in Los Angeles in February 2009.
Brown later insisted he was "shocked" by his violent behavior because he was "never that kind of person" - but "Umbrella" hitmaker Rihanna has now hinted there were signs the couple's relationship could descend into abuse. She tells W magazine, "There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn't have to be physical."
"Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you."
More Rihanna News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'