Rihanna Claims 'Insecurity' Covered Relationship With Chris Brown
Rihanna has opened up about her doomed relationship with Chris Brown - admitting "control issues" took a "big toll" on her emotions. The couple split in 2009 after Brown viciously attacked her in a car after a pre-Grammy Awards party in Los Angeles in February 2009.
Brown later insisted he was "shocked" by his violent behavior because he was "never that kind of person" - but "Umbrella" hitmaker Rihanna has now hinted there were signs the couple's relationship could descend into abuse. She tells W magazine, "There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn't have to be physical."
"Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you."
More Rihanna News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy