Rihanna Claims 'Insecurity' Covered Relationship With Chris Brown
Rihanna has opened up about her doomed relationship with Chris Brown - admitting "control issues" took a "big toll" on her emotions. The couple split in 2009 after Brown viciously attacked her in a car after a pre-Grammy Awards party in Los Angeles in February 2009.
Brown later insisted he was "shocked" by his violent behavior because he was "never that kind of person" - but "Umbrella" hitmaker Rihanna has now hinted there were signs the couple's relationship could descend into abuse. She tells W magazine, "There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn't have to be physical."
"Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you."
More Rihanna News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'