Katharine McPhee Beats Battle Against Bulimia
Singer/actress Katharine McPhee has triumphed in her long battle with an eating disorder after spending years struggling to be thin - she appears on the cover of U.S. fitness magazine Shape wearing just a bikini.
"The House Bunny" star battled bulimia in her late teens, but she insists she is growing in body confidence after taking on a regular exercise regime and developing a healthier attitude toward food.
She tells Shape, "(In the past) the more I focused on my weight, the worse my bulimia got. Now I'm more easygoing. I stopped fighting myself and became more forgiving of my body. Ironically, the weight came off naturally through exercise but no dieting." She adds, "At my last physical, the nurse took my vitals and said, 'Wow, you must be taking care of yourself! Your blood pressure is perfect. You're very healthy.' Hearing her say that made me feel better than seeing an ideal number on the scale."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit