Katharine McPhee Beats Battle Against Bulimia
Singer/actress Katharine McPhee has triumphed in her long battle with an eating disorder after spending years struggling to be thin - she appears on the cover of U.S. fitness magazine Shape wearing just a bikini.
"The House Bunny" star battled bulimia in her late teens, but she insists she is growing in body confidence after taking on a regular exercise regime and developing a healthier attitude toward food.
She tells Shape, "(In the past) the more I focused on my weight, the worse my bulimia got. Now I'm more easygoing. I stopped fighting myself and became more forgiving of my body. Ironically, the weight came off naturally through exercise but no dieting." She adds, "At my last physical, the nurse took my vitals and said, 'Wow, you must be taking care of yourself! Your blood pressure is perfect. You're very healthy.' Hearing her say that made me feel better than seeing an ideal number on the scale."
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation