Katharine McPhee Beats Battle Against Bulimia
Singer/actress Katharine McPhee has triumphed in her long battle with an eating disorder after spending years struggling to be thin - she appears on the cover of U.S. fitness magazine Shape wearing just a bikini.
"The House Bunny" star battled bulimia in her late teens, but she insists she is growing in body confidence after taking on a regular exercise regime and developing a healthier attitude toward food.
She tells Shape, "(In the past) the more I focused on my weight, the worse my bulimia got. Now I'm more easygoing. I stopped fighting myself and became more forgiving of my body. Ironically, the weight came off naturally through exercise but no dieting." She adds, "At my last physical, the nurse took my vitals and said, 'Wow, you must be taking care of yourself! Your blood pressure is perfect. You're very healthy.' Hearing her say that made me feel better than seeing an ideal number on the scale."
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert