Katharine McPhee Beats Battle Against Bulimia
Singer/actress Katharine McPhee has triumphed in her long battle with an eating disorder after spending years struggling to be thin - she appears on the cover of U.S. fitness magazine Shape wearing just a bikini.
"The House Bunny" star battled bulimia in her late teens, but she insists she is growing in body confidence after taking on a regular exercise regime and developing a healthier attitude toward food.
She tells Shape, "(In the past) the more I focused on my weight, the worse my bulimia got. Now I'm more easygoing. I stopped fighting myself and became more forgiving of my body. Ironically, the weight came off naturally through exercise but no dieting." She adds, "At my last physical, the nurse took my vitals and said, 'Wow, you must be taking care of yourself! Your blood pressure is perfect. You're very healthy.' Hearing her say that made me feel better than seeing an ideal number on the scale."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton