Katharine McPhee Beats Battle Against Bulimia
Singer/actress Katharine McPhee has triumphed in her long battle with an eating disorder after spending years struggling to be thin - she appears on the cover of U.S. fitness magazine Shape wearing just a bikini.
"The House Bunny" star battled bulimia in her late teens, but she insists she is growing in body confidence after taking on a regular exercise regime and developing a healthier attitude toward food.
She tells Shape, "(In the past) the more I focused on my weight, the worse my bulimia got. Now I'm more easygoing. I stopped fighting myself and became more forgiving of my body. Ironically, the weight came off naturally through exercise but no dieting." She adds, "At my last physical, the nurse took my vitals and said, 'Wow, you must be taking care of yourself! Your blood pressure is perfect. You're very healthy.' Hearing her say that made me feel better than seeing an ideal number on the scale."
More Katharine McPhee News
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof