Natasha Richardson to Be Honored at amfAR Annual Gala
Late British actress Natasha Richardson is set to be honored by the The Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR) at its annual gala in New York. The tragic star, who was married to actor Liam Neeson, died in March 2009 following a skiing accident in Montreal, Canada.
Her mother, Vanessa Redgrave, will be joined by Meryl Streep and the organisation's founding chairman Dr. Mathilde Krim on February 10, 2010 for the tribute, which will kick off New York Fashion Week. The gala will be a true family affair - Richardson's sister, "Nip/Tuck" star Joely Richardson, is also involved - she will co-chair the event with mum Redgrave.
Natasha was known for her philanthropy and served on the amfAR board of trustees from 2006 until her death in 2009. Her charity work was partly inspired by the death of her dad, Oscar winning director Tony Richardson, who passed away in 1991 from AIDS-related health issues.
Announcing the tribute, designer Kenneth Cole, chairman of the amfAR board, says, "Natasha was an eloquent and persuasive spokesperson for amfAR. Her unique combination of passion, grace, and intelligence made her the perfect ambassador for the fight against AIDS."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo