Natasha Richardson to Be Honored at amfAR Annual Gala
Late British actress Natasha Richardson is set to be honored by the The Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR) at its annual gala in New York. The tragic star, who was married to actor Liam Neeson, died in March 2009 following a skiing accident in Montreal, Canada.
Her mother, Vanessa Redgrave, will be joined by Meryl Streep and the organisation's founding chairman Dr. Mathilde Krim on February 10, 2010 for the tribute, which will kick off New York Fashion Week. The gala will be a true family affair - Richardson's sister, "Nip/Tuck" star Joely Richardson, is also involved - she will co-chair the event with mum Redgrave.
Natasha was known for her philanthropy and served on the amfAR board of trustees from 2006 until her death in 2009. Her charity work was partly inspired by the death of her dad, Oscar winning director Tony Richardson, who passed away in 1991 from AIDS-related health issues.
Announcing the tribute, designer Kenneth Cole, chairman of the amfAR board, says, "Natasha was an eloquent and persuasive spokesperson for amfAR. Her unique combination of passion, grace, and intelligence made her the perfect ambassador for the fight against AIDS."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent