Heidi Montag Opens Up Her Obsession for Cosmetic Surgery
Reality TV star Heidi Montag has gone under the knife 10 times in the last two months because she's "beyond obsessed" with attaining the "perfect" body. "The Hills" star, 23, has previously admitted to having a nose and boob job, but she has had another 10 plastic surgery procedures since November 20, 2009, including breast augmentation, liposuction, butt augmentation, nose job revision and botox.
Montag insists her decision to have the work done was one she had been contemplating for years after being teased as a youngster. She tells People magazine, "I (wanted) to feel better, to feel perfect. I was made fun of when I was younger, and so I had insecurities, especially after I moved to Los Angeles... They'd say nasty things. It bothered me."
"I just wanted to feel more confident and look in the mirror and be like, 'Whoa! That's me!' I was an ugly duckling before," she adds. "For the past three years, I've thought about what to have done. I'm beyond obsessed."
Montag blames her obsession with her body image on her chosen career, insisting she would never make it as a pop star if she didn't measure up to the likes of Britney Spears. She says, "My ultimate dream is to be a pop star. I'm competing against the Britney Spearses of the world - and when she was in her prime, it was her sex appeal that sold. Obviously, looks matter; it's a superficial industry."
And she claims she is finally satisfied with her looks: "I love my body! I still feel a little fragile, but I've never felt more beautiful and sexier. I didn't know I could have this much confidence... I feel like I look like me but a little bit of a different version. Like an upgrade. The best me."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences