Heidi Montag Opens Up Her Obsession for Cosmetic Surgery
Reality TV star Heidi Montag has gone under the knife 10 times in the last two months because she's "beyond obsessed" with attaining the "perfect" body. "The Hills" star, 23, has previously admitted to having a nose and boob job, but she has had another 10 plastic surgery procedures since November 20, 2009, including breast augmentation, liposuction, butt augmentation, nose job revision and botox.
Montag insists her decision to have the work done was one she had been contemplating for years after being teased as a youngster. She tells People magazine, "I (wanted) to feel better, to feel perfect. I was made fun of when I was younger, and so I had insecurities, especially after I moved to Los Angeles... They'd say nasty things. It bothered me."
"I just wanted to feel more confident and look in the mirror and be like, 'Whoa! That's me!' I was an ugly duckling before," she adds. "For the past three years, I've thought about what to have done. I'm beyond obsessed."
Montag blames her obsession with her body image on her chosen career, insisting she would never make it as a pop star if she didn't measure up to the likes of Britney Spears. She says, "My ultimate dream is to be a pop star. I'm competing against the Britney Spearses of the world - and when she was in her prime, it was her sex appeal that sold. Obviously, looks matter; it's a superficial industry."
And she claims she is finally satisfied with her looks: "I love my body! I still feel a little fragile, but I've never felt more beautiful and sexier. I didn't know I could have this much confidence... I feel like I look like me but a little bit of a different version. Like an upgrade. The best me."
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'