Jessica Alba Helps Wyclef Jean Raise Funds for Haitian Earthquake Victims
Jessica Alba has offered her support to Wyclef Jean's Yele organization by using her 1,000th 'tweet' to urge followers to donate money to the former The Fugees' Haitian earthquake relief effort. The hip-hop star has reportedly arrived in his homeland to help those left homeless and desperate after the 7.3 quake, which shook the nation on Tuesday, January 12.
Wyclef spent much of last night urging fans and followers to text YELE to 501 501 - each text is worth $5, and Alba was among the first celebrities to lend her support. She writes, "My 1000th tweet is for the people of Haiti. Donate for the Earthquake relief for Haiti visit www.yele.org." Ben Stiller and celebrity couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who have worked with Wyclef's organization in the past, have also pledged their support.
The former Fugees star took to Twitter.com to write, "I am on my way to the D R (Dominican Republic) to get to haiti. Please urge your council men governors etc we need a state of emergency for haiti (sic)." Initial reports suggest the earthquake may have claimed as many as 500,000 lives. It's the worst quake in Haiti for over 200 years.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs