Jessica Alba Helps Wyclef Jean Raise Funds for Haitian Earthquake Victims
Jessica Alba has offered her support to Wyclef Jean's Yele organization by using her 1,000th 'tweet' to urge followers to donate money to the former The Fugees' Haitian earthquake relief effort. The hip-hop star has reportedly arrived in his homeland to help those left homeless and desperate after the 7.3 quake, which shook the nation on Tuesday, January 12.
Wyclef spent much of last night urging fans and followers to text YELE to 501 501 - each text is worth $5, and Alba was among the first celebrities to lend her support. She writes, "My 1000th tweet is for the people of Haiti. Donate for the Earthquake relief for Haiti visit www.yele.org." Ben Stiller and celebrity couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who have worked with Wyclef's organization in the past, have also pledged their support.
The former Fugees star took to Twitter.com to write, "I am on my way to the D R (Dominican Republic) to get to haiti. Please urge your council men governors etc we need a state of emergency for haiti (sic)." Initial reports suggest the earthquake may have claimed as many as 500,000 lives. It's the worst quake in Haiti for over 200 years.
More Jessica Alba News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof