Jessica Alba Helps Wyclef Jean Raise Funds for Haitian Earthquake Victims
Jessica Alba has offered her support to Wyclef Jean's Yele organization by using her 1,000th 'tweet' to urge followers to donate money to the former The Fugees' Haitian earthquake relief effort. The hip-hop star has reportedly arrived in his homeland to help those left homeless and desperate after the 7.3 quake, which shook the nation on Tuesday, January 12.
Wyclef spent much of last night urging fans and followers to text YELE to 501 501 - each text is worth $5, and Alba was among the first celebrities to lend her support. She writes, "My 1000th tweet is for the people of Haiti. Donate for the Earthquake relief for Haiti visit www.yele.org." Ben Stiller and celebrity couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who have worked with Wyclef's organization in the past, have also pledged their support.
The former Fugees star took to Twitter.com to write, "I am on my way to the D R (Dominican Republic) to get to haiti. Please urge your council men governors etc we need a state of emergency for haiti (sic)." Initial reports suggest the earthquake may have claimed as many as 500,000 lives. It's the worst quake in Haiti for over 200 years.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC