Johnny Depp Got Exclusive Treatment on Trip to Serbia
Johnny Depp is receiving VIP treatment on his current trip to Serbia - the Hollywood actor was granted a meeting with the country's president before attending the unveiling of a statue in his likeness. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star is in the country to attend the Kustendorf International Film and Music Festival in Drvengrad, which was launched by Serbian director Emir Kusturica.
And Depp has been given a warm welcome in the country - meeting President Boris Tadic in Belgrade on Tuesday, January 12, before heading off to Drvengrad on Wednesday January 13, where officials unveiled a statue of the Hollywood actor in recognition of his contribution to the movie industry.
Depp is set to play the lead role in Kusturica's new movie, about 19th century Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
More Johnny Depp News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role