Johnny Depp Got Exclusive Treatment on Trip to Serbia
Johnny Depp is receiving VIP treatment on his current trip to Serbia - the Hollywood actor was granted a meeting with the country's president before attending the unveiling of a statue in his likeness. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star is in the country to attend the Kustendorf International Film and Music Festival in Drvengrad, which was launched by Serbian director Emir Kusturica.
And Depp has been given a warm welcome in the country - meeting President Boris Tadic in Belgrade on Tuesday, January 12, before heading off to Drvengrad on Wednesday January 13, where officials unveiled a statue of the Hollywood actor in recognition of his contribution to the movie industry.
Depp is set to play the lead role in Kusturica's new movie, about 19th century Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
More Johnny Depp News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'