Johnny Depp Got Exclusive Treatment on Trip to Serbia
Johnny Depp is receiving VIP treatment on his current trip to Serbia - the Hollywood actor was granted a meeting with the country's president before attending the unveiling of a statue in his likeness. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star is in the country to attend the Kustendorf International Film and Music Festival in Drvengrad, which was launched by Serbian director Emir Kusturica.
And Depp has been given a warm welcome in the country - meeting President Boris Tadic in Belgrade on Tuesday, January 12, before heading off to Drvengrad on Wednesday January 13, where officials unveiled a statue of the Hollywood actor in recognition of his contribution to the movie industry.
Depp is set to play the lead role in Kusturica's new movie, about 19th century Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
More Johnny Depp News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy