Johnny Depp Got Exclusive Treatment on Trip to Serbia
Johnny Depp is receiving VIP treatment on his current trip to Serbia - the Hollywood actor was granted a meeting with the country's president before attending the unveiling of a statue in his likeness. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star is in the country to attend the Kustendorf International Film and Music Festival in Drvengrad, which was launched by Serbian director Emir Kusturica.
And Depp has been given a warm welcome in the country - meeting President Boris Tadic in Belgrade on Tuesday, January 12, before heading off to Drvengrad on Wednesday January 13, where officials unveiled a statue of the Hollywood actor in recognition of his contribution to the movie industry.
Depp is set to play the lead role in Kusturica's new movie, about 19th century Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
More Johnny Depp News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics