Dannii Minogue Is Pregnant, Rep Confirms
A spokesperson has confirmed Dannii Minogue is pregnant, just days after the star revealed she will be taking legal action over tabloid reports which broke her baby news early. A British newspaper ran a story over the weekend claiming the Australian singer is expecting her first child with her rugby player boyfriend Kris Smith.
A representative for the star, who judges on Simon Cowell's British TV show "The X Factor", slammed bosses at the Daily Mirror for publishing the article, insisting the singer will be taking legal action as U.K. law forbids the press from reporting a pregnancy before a woman has undergone a 12 week scan. Now a spokesperson for Minogue has confirmed she consulted doctors on Wednesday, January 13, leaving them free to officially announce the happy news.
The rep says, "Dannii and Kris are very excited and can't wait to start their family in 2010. Rumors and stories surfaced across the weekend about Dannii being pregnant and having already had her twelve week scan. These stories were incorrect. Dannii had her 12 week scan this week and was given the results today with the all-clear to make an announcement." The pair is expecting a baby in July 2010.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says