David Copperfield's Rape Accuser Also Sued Another Man
The beauty queen who accused David Copperfield of rape was questioned by police last month over allegations she tried to extort $2,000 from a businessman for sex, according to police reports.
The illusionist was cleared of sexual assault allegations on Tuesday, January 12 after a two-year investigation was closed. But according to The Seattle Times, his accuser - an unidentified former Miss Washington contestant - made a similar claim against another man after allegedly trying to charge him for sex last month.
An official police report states the woman told a businessman she would have intercourse with him for $2,000 after performing oral sex on him in a hotel room in Bellevue, Washington on December 2. When he refused to pay, the woman went to the lobby where she allegedly complained to workers she had been "taken advantage of."
She called the cops to report harassment and was taken to have a rape examination. But she later hesitated to release the results to police because, according to legal documents, "She was worried this case would tarnish the other case (Copperfield)." Her account was questioned after cops viewed the hotel's security footage, reports TMZ.com.
U.S. prosecutors have not said there is a link between the decision to clear Copperfield and the hotel incident. The ex-pageant contestant accused the magician of sexually assaulting her during her stay on his private island in the Bahamas in 2007. Her civil suit against Copperfield is still pending.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed