Lloyd Banks Not Allowed to Leave Canada for Alleged Assault Case
Rapper Lloyd Banks was detained by immigration officials after he was released from jail in Canada on Tuesday, January 21 for unspecified issues. The "G-Unit" star was arrested with three of his associates in Ontario, Canada on Saturday, January 9 after allegedly attacking club promoter Chris Hines in a violent dispute over a gig payment.
Banks was released on bail on Tuesday, January 12, but he wasn't immediately allowed to return to America - Canadian immigration officials proceeded to remand him and pal Nicklas Sloane, according to a spokesperson for the Kitchener Police in Ontario. The other two men arrested in the incident - Shawn McGee and Tyrell Cooper - are believed to have returned to the U.S.
Meanwhile, Banks' lawyer Patrick Ducharme, who is planning to enter a not guilty plea on his client's behalf for the alleged attack, expects the matter to drag on for some time. He tells MTV News, "The case will proceed through the courts."
According to reports, Hines was admitted to hospital with multiple contusions and head trauma after his encounter with Banks, who allegedly attacked the promoter after he refused to pay the rapper after he arrived at Club N.V. late.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'