Lloyd Banks Not Allowed to Leave Canada for Alleged Assault Case
Rapper Lloyd Banks was detained by immigration officials after he was released from jail in Canada on Tuesday, January 21 for unspecified issues. The "G-Unit" star was arrested with three of his associates in Ontario, Canada on Saturday, January 9 after allegedly attacking club promoter Chris Hines in a violent dispute over a gig payment.
Banks was released on bail on Tuesday, January 12, but he wasn't immediately allowed to return to America - Canadian immigration officials proceeded to remand him and pal Nicklas Sloane, according to a spokesperson for the Kitchener Police in Ontario. The other two men arrested in the incident - Shawn McGee and Tyrell Cooper - are believed to have returned to the U.S.
Meanwhile, Banks' lawyer Patrick Ducharme, who is planning to enter a not guilty plea on his client's behalf for the alleged attack, expects the matter to drag on for some time. He tells MTV News, "The case will proceed through the courts."
According to reports, Hines was admitted to hospital with multiple contusions and head trauma after his encounter with Banks, who allegedly attacked the promoter after he refused to pay the rapper after he arrived at Club N.V. late.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2