Lloyd Banks Not Allowed to Leave Canada for Alleged Assault Case
Rapper Lloyd Banks was detained by immigration officials after he was released from jail in Canada on Tuesday, January 21 for unspecified issues. The "G-Unit" star was arrested with three of his associates in Ontario, Canada on Saturday, January 9 after allegedly attacking club promoter Chris Hines in a violent dispute over a gig payment.
Banks was released on bail on Tuesday, January 12, but he wasn't immediately allowed to return to America - Canadian immigration officials proceeded to remand him and pal Nicklas Sloane, according to a spokesperson for the Kitchener Police in Ontario. The other two men arrested in the incident - Shawn McGee and Tyrell Cooper - are believed to have returned to the U.S.
Meanwhile, Banks' lawyer Patrick Ducharme, who is planning to enter a not guilty plea on his client's behalf for the alleged attack, expects the matter to drag on for some time. He tells MTV News, "The case will proceed through the courts."
According to reports, Hines was admitted to hospital with multiple contusions and head trauma after his encounter with Banks, who allegedly attacked the promoter after he refused to pay the rapper after he arrived at Club N.V. late.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!