Lloyd Banks Not Allowed to Leave Canada for Alleged Assault Case
Rapper Lloyd Banks was detained by immigration officials after he was released from jail in Canada on Tuesday, January 21 for unspecified issues. The "G-Unit" star was arrested with three of his associates in Ontario, Canada on Saturday, January 9 after allegedly attacking club promoter Chris Hines in a violent dispute over a gig payment.
Banks was released on bail on Tuesday, January 12, but he wasn't immediately allowed to return to America - Canadian immigration officials proceeded to remand him and pal Nicklas Sloane, according to a spokesperson for the Kitchener Police in Ontario. The other two men arrested in the incident - Shawn McGee and Tyrell Cooper - are believed to have returned to the U.S.
Meanwhile, Banks' lawyer Patrick Ducharme, who is planning to enter a not guilty plea on his client's behalf for the alleged attack, expects the matter to drag on for some time. He tells MTV News, "The case will proceed through the courts."
According to reports, Hines was admitted to hospital with multiple contusions and head trauma after his encounter with Banks, who allegedly attacked the promoter after he refused to pay the rapper after he arrived at Club N.V. late.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef