Jessica Biel Along With Other Stars Made Triumph on Kilimanjaro Campaign
The stars climbing to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the world's water crisis have triumphed - the group has overcome harsh blizzard conditions to reach the 19,340-foot-high (5,895-metre) African peak. Philanthropic singer Kenna led a team of celebrities, including actors Emile Hirsch and Jessica Biel, rapper Lupe Fiasco and Santogold star Santi White, among others, up to the Tanzanian peak for the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro campaign.
On Thursday, January 7, the group began their journey to raise awareness of Africa's chronic water shortage. The stars used the latest social networking technology to update fans and followers along the way, and on Monday, January 11, White revealed via Twitter.com the group was trudging through a blizzard that slowed their progress.
However, the stars proclaimed their triumph at 8:24 pm local time on Tuesday, January 12 - appearing in a picture posted on the campaign's official Twitter.com page. The posting reads: "The SUMMIT ON THE SUMMIT Team has reached the top of Mt Kili! A great moment captured."
Kenna, who previously attempted the feat in 2005 but failed, has also claimed victory. The singer adds, "WE MADE IT! ...The climb to the top may be over, but the fight has just begun, sponsor ur ft (your foot) & SEND H20 (water)."
More Jessica Biel News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger