Jessica Biel Along With Other Stars Made Triumph on Kilimanjaro Campaign
The stars climbing to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the world's water crisis have triumphed - the group has overcome harsh blizzard conditions to reach the 19,340-foot-high (5,895-metre) African peak. Philanthropic singer Kenna led a team of celebrities, including actors Emile Hirsch and Jessica Biel, rapper Lupe Fiasco and Santogold star Santi White, among others, up to the Tanzanian peak for the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro campaign.
On Thursday, January 7, the group began their journey to raise awareness of Africa's chronic water shortage. The stars used the latest social networking technology to update fans and followers along the way, and on Monday, January 11, White revealed via Twitter.com the group was trudging through a blizzard that slowed their progress.
However, the stars proclaimed their triumph at 8:24 pm local time on Tuesday, January 12 - appearing in a picture posted on the campaign's official Twitter.com page. The posting reads: "The SUMMIT ON THE SUMMIT Team has reached the top of Mt Kili! A great moment captured."
Kenna, who previously attempted the feat in 2005 but failed, has also claimed victory. The singer adds, "WE MADE IT! ...The climb to the top may be over, but the fight has just begun, sponsor ur ft (your foot) & SEND H20 (water)."
More Jessica Biel News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?