Jessica Biel Along With Other Stars Made Triumph on Kilimanjaro Campaign
The stars climbing to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the world's water crisis have triumphed - the group has overcome harsh blizzard conditions to reach the 19,340-foot-high (5,895-metre) African peak. Philanthropic singer Kenna led a team of celebrities, including actors Emile Hirsch and Jessica Biel, rapper Lupe Fiasco and Santogold star Santi White, among others, up to the Tanzanian peak for the Summit on the Summit: Kilimanjaro campaign.
On Thursday, January 7, the group began their journey to raise awareness of Africa's chronic water shortage. The stars used the latest social networking technology to update fans and followers along the way, and on Monday, January 11, White revealed via Twitter.com the group was trudging through a blizzard that slowed their progress.
However, the stars proclaimed their triumph at 8:24 pm local time on Tuesday, January 12 - appearing in a picture posted on the campaign's official Twitter.com page. The posting reads: "The SUMMIT ON THE SUMMIT Team has reached the top of Mt Kili! A great moment captured."
Kenna, who previously attempted the feat in 2005 but failed, has also claimed victory. The singer adds, "WE MADE IT! ...The climb to the top may be over, but the fight has just begun, sponsor ur ft (your foot) & SEND H20 (water)."
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4