Sylvester Stallone Prefers Painting to Acting
Hollywood hard man Sylvester Stallone prefers painting to acting - because he is much happier with a brush in his hand. The action star, 63, has been dabbling in art in his spare time for 30 years and recently sold one of his works for a massive $50,000.
And Stallone admits he prefers life as a painter, because he can always control the end result. He tells Britain's The Times newspaper, "Movies are a vision dependent upon three or four hundred people to accomplish it. So there's great compromising. And so much is lost in the translation. So when you get up there, it's maybe 40 per cent of the way you envisaged it. Because of the finance thing, and the actor doesn't interpret it properly. Or the director isn't on form that day and he missed the whole point.
"Whereas painting is all you do. It either soars or it crashes. There's no-one to blame but one person. I find that the more unhappy you are, the more confused you are, the better your art is. Happy art, it just doesn't seem to work for me."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7