Sylvester Stallone Prefers Painting to Acting
Hollywood hard man Sylvester Stallone prefers painting to acting - because he is much happier with a brush in his hand. The action star, 63, has been dabbling in art in his spare time for 30 years and recently sold one of his works for a massive $50,000.
And Stallone admits he prefers life as a painter, because he can always control the end result. He tells Britain's The Times newspaper, "Movies are a vision dependent upon three or four hundred people to accomplish it. So there's great compromising. And so much is lost in the translation. So when you get up there, it's maybe 40 per cent of the way you envisaged it. Because of the finance thing, and the actor doesn't interpret it properly. Or the director isn't on form that day and he missed the whole point.
"Whereas painting is all you do. It either soars or it crashes. There's no-one to blame but one person. I find that the more unhappy you are, the more confused you are, the better your art is. Happy art, it just doesn't seem to work for me."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville