Helen Mirren Responds to Her Sex Novel Rumors
British actress Helen Mirren has scoffed at rumors she's planning to write a book about sex - insisting an "offhand comment" was simply taken out of context. Recent reports suggested the 64-year-old actress was penning a tome about bedroom romps.
And though she admits entertaining the idea of writing her own novel, the star insists her prose won't be X-rated. She tells the New York Post, "Please! No! Sometimes you make an offhand comment to someone somewhere and it gets handed down."
"But I would someday like to do a book. A whole different kind. A novel. I love the process. It came so easily to me when I sat down to write something, and took me by surprise because I didn't know I'd enjoy it so much. But writing about love and sex? Not until I'm dead."
More Helen Mirren News
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?