Kelly Rowland Wants to Be U.S. 'X Factor' Judge
Former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland is eyeing a role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" when he takes the program to the U.S. next year, 2011. Cowell announced on Monday, January 11, that he is leaving hit series American Idol when his contract expires at the end of the ninth season, which begins in America on Tuesday night, January 12.
He also confirmed he now plans to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to America in 2011 - and Rowland is keen to land a role on the judging panel alongside Cowell. She says, "'The X Factor' is an amazing show and Simon knows that all he has to do is call me. I love Simon because he's so honest. When I watch it, everything he says I agree with."
"If you're going to do something, you have to do it right. So when we see an upcoming artist, you either see potential or you don't see anything at all. It's important to be completely open and honest with them."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?