Kelly Rowland Wants to Be U.S. 'X Factor' Judge
Former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland is eyeing a role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" when he takes the program to the U.S. next year, 2011. Cowell announced on Monday, January 11, that he is leaving hit series American Idol when his contract expires at the end of the ninth season, which begins in America on Tuesday night, January 12.
He also confirmed he now plans to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to America in 2011 - and Rowland is keen to land a role on the judging panel alongside Cowell. She says, "'The X Factor' is an amazing show and Simon knows that all he has to do is call me. I love Simon because he's so honest. When I watch it, everything he says I agree with."
"If you're going to do something, you have to do it right. So when we see an upcoming artist, you either see potential or you don't see anything at all. It's important to be completely open and honest with them."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent