Kelly Rowland Wants to Be U.S. 'X Factor' Judge
Former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland is eyeing a role on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor" when he takes the program to the U.S. next year, 2011. Cowell announced on Monday, January 11, that he is leaving hit series American Idol when his contract expires at the end of the ninth season, which begins in America on Tuesday night, January 12.
He also confirmed he now plans to concentrate on bringing his hit British talent show "The X Factor" to America in 2011 - and Rowland is keen to land a role on the judging panel alongside Cowell. She says, "'The X Factor' is an amazing show and Simon knows that all he has to do is call me. I love Simon because he's so honest. When I watch it, everything he says I agree with."
"If you're going to do something, you have to do it right. So when we see an upcoming artist, you either see potential or you don't see anything at all. It's important to be completely open and honest with them."
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere