Teri Hatcher Does Striptease in 'Desperate Housewives'
Actress Teri Hatcher spent her 45th birthday stripping off for a group of strangers as part of her role on hit TV show "Desperate Housewives". In a recent episode, Hatcher's character Susan Delfino took to the stage at a strip club to try and surprise her husband Mike, a regular at the adult venue.
The date of the shoot fell on Hatcher's birthday - December 8, 2009 - so she treated regulars at a Spearmint Rhino in California to a pole dance and striptease. She says, "We shot it at Spearmint Rhino in the Valley on my birthday so I had to strip in front of 20 strangers on my 45th birthday.
So any insecurities I had, I think karma, life, was saying you have to embrace it and be proud of what you are. (But) having just done the triathlon I was in pretty good shape." However, Hatcher was in agony after attempting to hang upside down on the pole - because she broke a rib she had previously injured in a fall.
She explains, "We were rehearsing and I injured my rib under my breast. Two weeks earlier I'd fallen off a ladder while I was building a set for my daughter's birthday party... I fell off the ladder and I really hurt myself but I hurt other areas of myself more than I realized I'd hurt my rib."
"So then two weeks later when I went to go do this pole move, we were shooting it and went to pull myself upside down on this pole and my rib actually cracked (and) broke. And then we had to keep shooting for another six hours. (But) I'm all healed now." The episode aired in the U.S. on Sunday, January 10.
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again