Thomas Dekker Gets Two Years of Probation for DUI
Actor Thomas Dekker has avoided jail time following his drink driving arrest in October 2009 - he has been sentenced to two years of informal probation. On October 14, 2009, Dekker, who played John Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", was arrested on two counts of felony driving under the influence (DUI) after allegedly running over a 17-year-old cyclist in California's San Fernando Valley.
The victim suffered minor injuries while Dekker was taken to a prison in Van Nuys. He was placed on $100,000 bail and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. According to TMZ.com, prosecutors have learned the bicyclist was at fault, by riding without reflectors the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp.
On Monday, January 11, Dekker, 22, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving. He was placed on two years informal probation, ordered to pay a $300 fine and has agreed to take a 12-hour alcohol education class.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards