Thomas Dekker Gets Two Years of Probation for DUI
Actor Thomas Dekker has avoided jail time following his drink driving arrest in October 2009 - he has been sentenced to two years of informal probation. On October 14, 2009, Dekker, who played John Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", was arrested on two counts of felony driving under the influence (DUI) after allegedly running over a 17-year-old cyclist in California's San Fernando Valley.
The victim suffered minor injuries while Dekker was taken to a prison in Van Nuys. He was placed on $100,000 bail and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. According to TMZ.com, prosecutors have learned the bicyclist was at fault, by riding without reflectors the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp.
On Monday, January 11, Dekker, 22, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving. He was placed on two years informal probation, ordered to pay a $300 fine and has agreed to take a 12-hour alcohol education class.
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies