Thomas Dekker Gets Two Years of Probation for DUI
Actor Thomas Dekker has avoided jail time following his drink driving arrest in October 2009 - he has been sentenced to two years of informal probation. On October 14, 2009, Dekker, who played John Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", was arrested on two counts of felony driving under the influence (DUI) after allegedly running over a 17-year-old cyclist in California's San Fernando Valley.
The victim suffered minor injuries while Dekker was taken to a prison in Van Nuys. He was placed on $100,000 bail and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. According to TMZ.com, prosecutors have learned the bicyclist was at fault, by riding without reflectors the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp.
On Monday, January 11, Dekker, 22, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving. He was placed on two years informal probation, ordered to pay a $300 fine and has agreed to take a 12-hour alcohol education class.
More Thomas Dekker News
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!