Thomas Dekker Gets Two Years of Probation for DUI
Actor Thomas Dekker has avoided jail time following his drink driving arrest in October 2009 - he has been sentenced to two years of informal probation. On October 14, 2009, Dekker, who played John Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", was arrested on two counts of felony driving under the influence (DUI) after allegedly running over a 17-year-old cyclist in California's San Fernando Valley.
The victim suffered minor injuries while Dekker was taken to a prison in Van Nuys. He was placed on $100,000 bail and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. According to TMZ.com, prosecutors have learned the bicyclist was at fault, by riding without reflectors the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp.
On Monday, January 11, Dekker, 22, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving. He was placed on two years informal probation, ordered to pay a $300 fine and has agreed to take a 12-hour alcohol education class.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!