Thomas Dekker Gets Two Years of Probation for DUI
Actor Thomas Dekker has avoided jail time following his drink driving arrest in October 2009 - he has been sentenced to two years of informal probation. On October 14, 2009, Dekker, who played John Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", was arrested on two counts of felony driving under the influence (DUI) after allegedly running over a 17-year-old cyclist in California's San Fernando Valley.
The victim suffered minor injuries while Dekker was taken to a prison in Van Nuys. He was placed on $100,000 bail and charged with two misdemeanor counts of DUI. According to TMZ.com, prosecutors have learned the bicyclist was at fault, by riding without reflectors the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp.
On Monday, January 11, Dekker, 22, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless driving. He was placed on two years informal probation, ordered to pay a $300 fine and has agreed to take a 12-hour alcohol education class.
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?