Elijah Wood Became Host of Eating Contest
Diminutive actor Elijah Wood was a sweet treat for New York City bar patrons at the weekend, January 9 - after hosting his first-ever eating contest. The "Lord of the Rings" star watched hungry revellers devour chicken pieces as the host of the Lord of the Wings eating competition at Epstein's Bar on Manhattan's Lower East Side.
Wood stayed until 3 A.M. local time to celebrate with the winners. And champion 'Big Dan' Graff, a local bartender, admits he was awestruck by the star.
Graff tells the New York Post, "It was a fun night. I ate 14 wings in three minutes. Elijah was a good sport and a really sweet little guy. I'll probably regret saying this, but he's got the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen on a man."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle