Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment, Maura Tierney Is Doing Well
Former "ER" actress Maura Tierney is "doing well" as she battles her way through breast cancer treatment, according to a producer on her previous TV show "Parenthood". The star was forced to halt production on the new TV project after she was diagnosed with the disease in July 2009.
However, after undergoing a "medical evaluation," the actress decided to take time out to beat the cancer and the role was re-cast. But "Parenthood" producer Jason Katims has kept in contact with Tierney as she undergoes treatment, and is hopeful the actress will make a full recovery.
He says, "She's doing well ... She's doing really good. She's in treatment and I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she's doing good." Tierney was recently invited back to rejoin the cast of 'Rescue Me' once she is well, after leaving the show last year.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame