Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment, Maura Tierney Is Doing Well
Former "ER" actress Maura Tierney is "doing well" as she battles her way through breast cancer treatment, according to a producer on her previous TV show "Parenthood". The star was forced to halt production on the new TV project after she was diagnosed with the disease in July 2009.
However, after undergoing a "medical evaluation," the actress decided to take time out to beat the cancer and the role was re-cast. But "Parenthood" producer Jason Katims has kept in contact with Tierney as she undergoes treatment, and is hopeful the actress will make a full recovery.
He says, "She's doing well ... She's doing really good. She's in treatment and I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she's doing good." Tierney was recently invited back to rejoin the cast of 'Rescue Me' once she is well, after leaving the show last year.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift