Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment, Maura Tierney Is Doing Well
Former "ER" actress Maura Tierney is "doing well" as she battles her way through breast cancer treatment, according to a producer on her previous TV show "Parenthood". The star was forced to halt production on the new TV project after she was diagnosed with the disease in July 2009.
However, after undergoing a "medical evaluation," the actress decided to take time out to beat the cancer and the role was re-cast. But "Parenthood" producer Jason Katims has kept in contact with Tierney as she undergoes treatment, and is hopeful the actress will make a full recovery.
He says, "She's doing well ... She's doing really good. She's in treatment and I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she's doing good." Tierney was recently invited back to rejoin the cast of 'Rescue Me' once she is well, after leaving the show last year.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'