Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment, Maura Tierney Is Doing Well
Former "ER" actress Maura Tierney is "doing well" as she battles her way through breast cancer treatment, according to a producer on her previous TV show "Parenthood". The star was forced to halt production on the new TV project after she was diagnosed with the disease in July 2009.
However, after undergoing a "medical evaluation," the actress decided to take time out to beat the cancer and the role was re-cast. But "Parenthood" producer Jason Katims has kept in contact with Tierney as she undergoes treatment, and is hopeful the actress will make a full recovery.
He says, "She's doing well ... She's doing really good. She's in treatment and I spoke to her a few weeks ago and she's doing good." Tierney was recently invited back to rejoin the cast of 'Rescue Me' once she is well, after leaving the show last year.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son