Simon Cowell Confirms His Exit From 'American Idol'
Simon Cowell has announced he's quitting talent show "American Idol" when the new season ends in May (2010). Speculation about the music mogul's future on the show has been rife for months, with his brother Tony revealing a statement would be made in the early part of 2010 a month ago (December 2009).
He said, "A press statement is being prepared which will confirm what everybody expected: Simon will leave Idol at the end of 2010 to concentrate on bringing the American version of (U.K. talent show) "The X Factor" to U.S. TV in 2011." And now Cowell has confirmed the news of his departure on the eve of the ninth series, which starts on Tuesday (January 12, 2009) in America.
In his statement, Cowell reveals he plans to launch his "X Factor" on U.S. TV in 2011. The news of the departure comes just months after judge Paula Abdul quit the show over an alleged pay dispute in August (2009). She has been replaced by chat show host Ellen DeGeneres.
American Idol is the most watched TV show on U.S. TV.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked