Madonna Not Reunite With Sean Penn, Rep Says
A spokesperson for Madonna has dismissed reports the singer is rekindling her romance with Sean Penn after the former couple was spotted together in New York. The "Material Girl" was rumored to have revived her relationship with Penn, who she married in 1985, after they were seen chatting over a meal at Adour restaurant in the Big Apple on Thursday, January 7.
But the pop star's publicist Liz Rosenberg insists it was a chance meeting between former lovers - and not a date. Rosenberg explains, "Madonna was at the St. Regis having dinner with friends. Sean stopped by the table to say hello. He sat for ten minutes and then left. Madonna continued with her dinner. That's all it was." Madonna and Penn divorced in 1989.
Madonna and Sean Penn began dating when she filmed music video for "Material Girl" in 1985 and soon the two married. She then filed for divorce in December 1987.
More Madonna News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'