Madonna Not Reunite With Sean Penn, Rep Says
A spokesperson for Madonna has dismissed reports the singer is rekindling her romance with Sean Penn after the former couple was spotted together in New York. The "Material Girl" was rumored to have revived her relationship with Penn, who she married in 1985, after they were seen chatting over a meal at Adour restaurant in the Big Apple on Thursday, January 7.
But the pop star's publicist Liz Rosenberg insists it was a chance meeting between former lovers - and not a date. Rosenberg explains, "Madonna was at the St. Regis having dinner with friends. Sean stopped by the table to say hello. He sat for ten minutes and then left. Madonna continued with her dinner. That's all it was." Madonna and Penn divorced in 1989.
Madonna and Sean Penn began dating when she filmed music video for "Material Girl" in 1985 and soon the two married. She then filed for divorce in December 1987.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!