Madonna Not Reunite With Sean Penn, Rep Says
A spokesperson for Madonna has dismissed reports the singer is rekindling her romance with Sean Penn after the former couple was spotted together in New York. The "Material Girl" was rumored to have revived her relationship with Penn, who she married in 1985, after they were seen chatting over a meal at Adour restaurant in the Big Apple on Thursday, January 7.
But the pop star's publicist Liz Rosenberg insists it was a chance meeting between former lovers - and not a date. Rosenberg explains, "Madonna was at the St. Regis having dinner with friends. Sean stopped by the table to say hello. He sat for ten minutes and then left. Madonna continued with her dinner. That's all it was." Madonna and Penn divorced in 1989.
Madonna and Sean Penn began dating when she filmed music video for "Material Girl" in 1985 and soon the two married. She then filed for divorce in December 1987.
More Madonna News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal