Madonna Not Reunite With Sean Penn, Rep Says
A spokesperson for Madonna has dismissed reports the singer is rekindling her romance with Sean Penn after the former couple was spotted together in New York. The "Material Girl" was rumored to have revived her relationship with Penn, who she married in 1985, after they were seen chatting over a meal at Adour restaurant in the Big Apple on Thursday, January 7.
But the pop star's publicist Liz Rosenberg insists it was a chance meeting between former lovers - and not a date. Rosenberg explains, "Madonna was at the St. Regis having dinner with friends. Sean stopped by the table to say hello. He sat for ten minutes and then left. Madonna continued with her dinner. That's all it was." Madonna and Penn divorced in 1989.
Madonna and Sean Penn began dating when she filmed music video for "Material Girl" in 1985 and soon the two married. She then filed for divorce in December 1987.
More Madonna News
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot