Liza Minnelli to Be Absent at 2010 Grammy Awards
Veteran entertainer Liza Minnelli is set to undergo knee replacement surgery in New York this week. A representative for the singer/actress reveals Minnelli has canceled plans to attend the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010 because she will still be recovering from the operation.
But the spokesperson insists the surgery is routine and is a result of years of dancing. The rep tells People.com, "Minnelli, who has been dancing on stage since she was a teenager, is 63. She is expected to make a full recovery."
Minnelli is nominated in the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album category for "Liza's at the Palace", a recording of her hit Broadway stint. A week after the New York production debuted in 2008, the exhausted star was forced to scrap a handful of dates after doctors ordered her to rest due to poor health.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns