Liza Minnelli to Be Absent at 2010 Grammy Awards
Veteran entertainer Liza Minnelli is set to undergo knee replacement surgery in New York this week. A representative for the singer/actress reveals Minnelli has canceled plans to attend the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010 because she will still be recovering from the operation.
But the spokesperson insists the surgery is routine and is a result of years of dancing. The rep tells People.com, "Minnelli, who has been dancing on stage since she was a teenager, is 63. She is expected to make a full recovery."
Minnelli is nominated in the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album category for "Liza's at the Palace", a recording of her hit Broadway stint. A week after the New York production debuted in 2008, the exhausted star was forced to scrap a handful of dates after doctors ordered her to rest due to poor health.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic