Liza Minnelli to Be Absent at 2010 Grammy Awards
Veteran entertainer Liza Minnelli is set to undergo knee replacement surgery in New York this week. A representative for the singer/actress reveals Minnelli has canceled plans to attend the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010 because she will still be recovering from the operation.
But the spokesperson insists the surgery is routine and is a result of years of dancing. The rep tells People.com, "Minnelli, who has been dancing on stage since she was a teenager, is 63. She is expected to make a full recovery."
Minnelli is nominated in the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album category for "Liza's at the Palace", a recording of her hit Broadway stint. A week after the New York production debuted in 2008, the exhausted star was forced to scrap a handful of dates after doctors ordered her to rest due to poor health.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt