Liza Minnelli to Be Absent at 2010 Grammy Awards
Veteran entertainer Liza Minnelli is set to undergo knee replacement surgery in New York this week. A representative for the singer/actress reveals Minnelli has canceled plans to attend the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010 because she will still be recovering from the operation.
But the spokesperson insists the surgery is routine and is a result of years of dancing. The rep tells People.com, "Minnelli, who has been dancing on stage since she was a teenager, is 63. She is expected to make a full recovery."
Minnelli is nominated in the Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album category for "Liza's at the Palace", a recording of her hit Broadway stint. A week after the New York production debuted in 2008, the exhausted star was forced to scrap a handful of dates after doctors ordered her to rest due to poor health.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'