Naomi Campbell Refuses to Front TV Modeling Show
British supermodel Naomi Campbell has turned down the chance to front a reality TV modeling competition after failing to agree on the terms of her contract, according to reports. The runway beauty was offered a role hosting the U.K. version of "America's Next Top Model", which is presented by model-turned-TV star Tyra Banks.
Campbell was in talks with TV bosses over her pay and the amount of time she would be expected to be available for the project, but negotiations fell through at the last minute, according to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. A source says, "What was missing (in the British version) was a real diva supermodel, a British equivalent to U.S. host Tyra Banks."
"Naomi was really excited, but pulled out because she couldn't reach an agreement over logistics or the amount of time she would have to commit."
More Naomi Campbell News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance