Dannii Minogue Sues British Tabloid for Pregnancy Report
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is taking legal action against bosses at a British tabloid after they falsely reported she is pregnant. Reports the singer was expecting her first child with her rugby player boyfriend Kris Smith sparked after the couple was spotted leaving a hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Friday, January 8.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper alleged Minogue was there to have a medical exam which identifies health risks in unborn babies, such as Down's syndrome. But Minogue's agent Melissa Le Gear insists the speculation is "completely inaccurate", adding, "Reports that said she was seen in hospital having a particular type of test are absolutely untrue."
And a spokesperson for Minogue confirmed on Sunday, January 10, that the star has contacted her lawyers over the false report. The rep tells STV.tv, "Dannii is not 12 weeks pregnant and has not had a 12 week scan."
"As you're no doubt aware PCC (Press Complaints Commission) rules say you cannot report pregnancy until a woman has had a 12 week scan. Dannii is taking full PCC action against the Mirror newspaper today who have reported the story."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones