Dannii Minogue Sues British Tabloid for Pregnancy Report
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is taking legal action against bosses at a British tabloid after they falsely reported she is pregnant. Reports the singer was expecting her first child with her rugby player boyfriend Kris Smith sparked after the couple was spotted leaving a hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Friday, January 8.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper alleged Minogue was there to have a medical exam which identifies health risks in unborn babies, such as Down's syndrome. But Minogue's agent Melissa Le Gear insists the speculation is "completely inaccurate", adding, "Reports that said she was seen in hospital having a particular type of test are absolutely untrue."
And a spokesperson for Minogue confirmed on Sunday, January 10, that the star has contacted her lawyers over the false report. The rep tells STV.tv, "Dannii is not 12 weeks pregnant and has not had a 12 week scan."
"As you're no doubt aware PCC (Press Complaints Commission) rules say you cannot report pregnancy until a woman has had a 12 week scan. Dannii is taking full PCC action against the Mirror newspaper today who have reported the story."
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels