Dannii Minogue Sues British Tabloid for Pregnancy Report
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is taking legal action against bosses at a British tabloid after they falsely reported she is pregnant. Reports the singer was expecting her first child with her rugby player boyfriend Kris Smith sparked after the couple was spotted leaving a hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Friday, January 8.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper alleged Minogue was there to have a medical exam which identifies health risks in unborn babies, such as Down's syndrome. But Minogue's agent Melissa Le Gear insists the speculation is "completely inaccurate", adding, "Reports that said she was seen in hospital having a particular type of test are absolutely untrue."
And a spokesperson for Minogue confirmed on Sunday, January 10, that the star has contacted her lawyers over the false report. The rep tells STV.tv, "Dannii is not 12 weeks pregnant and has not had a 12 week scan."
"As you're no doubt aware PCC (Press Complaints Commission) rules say you cannot report pregnancy until a woman has had a 12 week scan. Dannii is taking full PCC action against the Mirror newspaper today who have reported the story."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics