Dannii Minogue Sues British Tabloid for Pregnancy Report
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is taking legal action against bosses at a British tabloid after they falsely reported she is pregnant. Reports the singer was expecting her first child with her rugby player boyfriend Kris Smith sparked after the couple was spotted leaving a hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Friday, January 8.
Britain's Daily Mail newspaper alleged Minogue was there to have a medical exam which identifies health risks in unborn babies, such as Down's syndrome. But Minogue's agent Melissa Le Gear insists the speculation is "completely inaccurate", adding, "Reports that said she was seen in hospital having a particular type of test are absolutely untrue."
And a spokesperson for Minogue confirmed on Sunday, January 10, that the star has contacted her lawyers over the false report. The rep tells STV.tv, "Dannii is not 12 weeks pregnant and has not had a 12 week scan."
"As you're no doubt aware PCC (Press Complaints Commission) rules say you cannot report pregnancy until a woman has had a 12 week scan. Dannii is taking full PCC action against the Mirror newspaper today who have reported the story."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern