Gemma Arterton in Deep Mourning After Grandmother's Death
Actress Gemma Arterton is in mourning after her grandmother was found dead at her home with a knife wound. The "Quantum of Solace" beauty's grandmother, 70-year-old Helen Sarfas, passed away at her house in Kent, England on Friday (08Jan10).
Police have confirmed the injury caused her death, but are not treating the incident as suspicious after questioning and releasing an unnamed 85-year-old man. A spokesman for Kent Police, says, "The result from the post-mortem showed she died following a stab wound and there are indications that this was self-inflicted."
Arterton, who is preparing to start a run in West End play "The Little Dog Laughed", was advised of the tragic news by her relatives, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Gemma will be crushed by this. It is incredibly sad for the family. She adored her nan. Helen was a vibrant, outgoing and community spirited woman who adored her family." A spokesperson for Arterton says, "It's a private matter."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt