Gemma Arterton in Deep Mourning After Grandmother's Death
Actress Gemma Arterton is in mourning after her grandmother was found dead at her home with a knife wound. The "Quantum of Solace" beauty's grandmother, 70-year-old Helen Sarfas, passed away at her house in Kent, England on Friday (08Jan10).
Police have confirmed the injury caused her death, but are not treating the incident as suspicious after questioning and releasing an unnamed 85-year-old man. A spokesman for Kent Police, says, "The result from the post-mortem showed she died following a stab wound and there are indications that this was self-inflicted."
Arterton, who is preparing to start a run in West End play "The Little Dog Laughed", was advised of the tragic news by her relatives, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Gemma will be crushed by this. It is incredibly sad for the family. She adored her nan. Helen was a vibrant, outgoing and community spirited woman who adored her family." A spokesperson for Arterton says, "It's a private matter."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance