Gemma Arterton in Deep Mourning After Grandmother's Death
Actress Gemma Arterton is in mourning after her grandmother was found dead at her home with a knife wound. The "Quantum of Solace" beauty's grandmother, 70-year-old Helen Sarfas, passed away at her house in Kent, England on Friday (08Jan10).
Police have confirmed the injury caused her death, but are not treating the incident as suspicious after questioning and releasing an unnamed 85-year-old man. A spokesman for Kent Police, says, "The result from the post-mortem showed she died following a stab wound and there are indications that this was self-inflicted."
Arterton, who is preparing to start a run in West End play "The Little Dog Laughed", was advised of the tragic news by her relatives, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Gemma will be crushed by this. It is incredibly sad for the family. She adored her nan. Helen was a vibrant, outgoing and community spirited woman who adored her family." A spokesperson for Arterton says, "It's a private matter."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single