Gemma Arterton in Deep Mourning After Grandmother's Death
Actress Gemma Arterton is in mourning after her grandmother was found dead at her home with a knife wound. The "Quantum of Solace" beauty's grandmother, 70-year-old Helen Sarfas, passed away at her house in Kent, England on Friday (08Jan10).
Police have confirmed the injury caused her death, but are not treating the incident as suspicious after questioning and releasing an unnamed 85-year-old man. A spokesman for Kent Police, says, "The result from the post-mortem showed she died following a stab wound and there are indications that this was self-inflicted."
Arterton, who is preparing to start a run in West End play "The Little Dog Laughed", was advised of the tragic news by her relatives, according to Britain's Sunday Mirror newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Gemma will be crushed by this. It is incredibly sad for the family. She adored her nan. Helen was a vibrant, outgoing and community spirited woman who adored her family." A spokesperson for Arterton says, "It's a private matter."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen