Cheryl Cole Says Husband 'Broke Down' Over Marriage Rumor
British singer Cheryl Cole has opened up about her relationship with husband Ashley Cole, insisting the soccer star recently "broke down" following reports their marriage is in trouble. The couple wed in a lavish 2006 ceremony, but their relationship was rocked in 2008 by allegations the sportsman had a fling on an alcohol-fueled night out with his teammates.
They have since been dogged by rumors the relationship is crumbling, but Cole is adamant her marriage is still strong - and admits her partner finds it difficult to cope with negative publicity surrounding the romance. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "The other day was the first time he actually broke down to me about it all."
"He called from the garage and said, 'I feel sick. I'm on the cover of every magazine because apparently I've made you cry.' It was all rubbish, of course." And "The X Factor" judge is convinced there is a public misconception about her husband's character.
She adds, "Ashley is totally the opposite of the way he's perceived. People have this idea that he's flash, ignorant and disloyal, basically all the ugliest traits a husband could have. But he's the opposite of all that: he's never rude or aggressive, and will go out of his way to make other people happy. He's shy and cute, but there's no way of proving that to people."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed