Cheryl Cole Says Husband 'Broke Down' Over Marriage Rumor
British singer Cheryl Cole has opened up about her relationship with husband Ashley Cole, insisting the soccer star recently "broke down" following reports their marriage is in trouble. The couple wed in a lavish 2006 ceremony, but their relationship was rocked in 2008 by allegations the sportsman had a fling on an alcohol-fueled night out with his teammates.
They have since been dogged by rumors the relationship is crumbling, but Cole is adamant her marriage is still strong - and admits her partner finds it difficult to cope with negative publicity surrounding the romance. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "The other day was the first time he actually broke down to me about it all."
"He called from the garage and said, 'I feel sick. I'm on the cover of every magazine because apparently I've made you cry.' It was all rubbish, of course." And "The X Factor" judge is convinced there is a public misconception about her husband's character.
She adds, "Ashley is totally the opposite of the way he's perceived. People have this idea that he's flash, ignorant and disloyal, basically all the ugliest traits a husband could have. But he's the opposite of all that: he's never rude or aggressive, and will go out of his way to make other people happy. He's shy and cute, but there's no way of proving that to people."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny