Cheryl Cole Says Husband 'Broke Down' Over Marriage Rumor
British singer Cheryl Cole has opened up about her relationship with husband Ashley Cole, insisting the soccer star recently "broke down" following reports their marriage is in trouble. The couple wed in a lavish 2006 ceremony, but their relationship was rocked in 2008 by allegations the sportsman had a fling on an alcohol-fueled night out with his teammates.
They have since been dogged by rumors the relationship is crumbling, but Cole is adamant her marriage is still strong - and admits her partner finds it difficult to cope with negative publicity surrounding the romance. She tells Britain's Glamour magazine, "The other day was the first time he actually broke down to me about it all."
"He called from the garage and said, 'I feel sick. I'm on the cover of every magazine because apparently I've made you cry.' It was all rubbish, of course." And "The X Factor" judge is convinced there is a public misconception about her husband's character.
She adds, "Ashley is totally the opposite of the way he's perceived. People have this idea that he's flash, ignorant and disloyal, basically all the ugliest traits a husband could have. But he's the opposite of all that: he's never rude or aggressive, and will go out of his way to make other people happy. He's shy and cute, but there's no way of proving that to people."
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer