Jackie Chan Plans to Make His Own Musical
Jackie Chan is planning to tell his life story through song and dance - the martial arts star is writing his own musical. The Chinese action hero admits he's been a fan of American musicals since he was a kid, and now he's eager to complete one of his own - and share his inspiring rise to the top.
He explains, "I love 'The Sound of Music'. When I was young, I didn't know English and I saw the whole movie. I'm planning to do 'I Am Jackie Chan: The Musical'. I've got a very interesting background. I will talk about how I got into the film business... and how I've come to be today. It's a very interesting, classical musical."
Jackie Chan made his first huge blockbuster in Hollywood when starring opposite Chris Tucker in 1998 movie "Rush Hour". Chan also will be seen in upcoming movie "The Karate Kid" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 11. Joining him in cast ensemble are Jaden Smith and Taraji P. Henson.
More Jackie Chan News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years