Meryl Streep Refuses to Deal With Cosmetic Surgery
Meryl Streep will never use Botox to preserve her good looks, insisting actresses who succumb to facial-freezing injections draw even more attention to their features. "The Devil Wears Prada" star and mum-of-four is happy to age gracefully and refuses to resort to cosmetic surgery or facial fillers - as it often distracts from a performance.
Streep, 60, says, "To each his own. I really understand the chagrin that accompanies ageing, especially for a woman, but I think people look funny when they freeze their faces. In Los Angeles there's a lot of that. I pick up on the part that doesn't move on a face. I'm immediately drawn to it and that is the opposite of what you're intending. You pull focus to the area that's been worked on."
One of the artists who has the same opinion with Meryl Streep for her refusal of cosmetic surgery is Sharon Stone. In a recent interview with British magazine Tatler, Stone says, "Meryl looks like an unmade bed. That's what I look like. To me, that looks true."
More Meryl Streep News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video