Quentin Tarantino Bets Vinnie Jones Will Win 'Celebrity Big Brother'
Quentin Tarantino has spoken out in favor of his friend Vinnie Jones backing him to win a British reality TV show because of his great "personality and character." The soccer star-turned-actor is currently competing on U.K. series "Celebrity Big Brother" alongside other stars including Stephen Baldwin, Sisqo and former Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss.
And the "Kill Bill" filmmaker, who befriended Jones in 2007, has praised his pal for carving out a successful career in Hollywood since giving up life on the soccer pitch. He says, "If the winner (of 'Celebrity Big Brother') is judged on personality and character, then Vinnie can be the only winner. He is one of the most charismatic guys in Hollywood and people who know him not only know that he is a fantastic person but that he has a heart of pure gold. I'm honoured to call him my friend."
"He might still be known as Vinnie Jones the soccer player in Britain but he is a real movie star now. He has starred in some of the most ground-breaking films of the last 15 years. He has worked with the best directors and starred alongside some of the world's most famous actors and he never once looked out of place."
And Tarantino is convinced Jones only entered the show because he wants to take his mind off his soldier son Aaron, who is currently serving in Afghanistan with the British army. He adds, "People often put themselves forward for reality shows because they are broke or want to revive their career, but Vinnie is neither of those things. He is going to get some time away from worrying about his son Aaron."
"He is very proud of not only Aaron but all his family, but like any other father he worries - that is only natural. I don't know about the other contestants, but Vinnie Jones is a real superstar."
Prior to entering the house, Jones spoke out about his fears for his son, admitting the thought of him fighting in the war-torn country "turns your tummy."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture