Jean Smart Adopts Chinese Baby Girl
Jean Smart welcomed a new addition to her family in 2009 - she and her husband adopted an orphan from China. The "Samantha Who?" star, her husband Richard Gilliland and their teenage son Connor traveled to East Asia in May 2009 to bring home a 10-month-old baby girl.
And according to the proud mum, the toddler, who is now 18 months old, is already "smitten" with her 19-year-old brother. Revealing her news on "The Bonnie Hunt Show", Smart discussed the lengthy adoption process, joking, "We thought they (the siblings) were going to be closer in age when we first started this!"
Her personal life aside, Jean Smart began her acting career at Regional theater and off-Broadway in mid 1970. She made her Broadway debut in 1981, portraying Marlene Dietrich in a play called "Piaf". Some movies she has played including "A Very Married Christmas", "Lucky You" and "Hero Wanted".
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week