Jean Smart Adopts Chinese Baby Girl
Jean Smart welcomed a new addition to her family in 2009 - she and her husband adopted an orphan from China. The "Samantha Who?" star, her husband Richard Gilliland and their teenage son Connor traveled to East Asia in May 2009 to bring home a 10-month-old baby girl.
And according to the proud mum, the toddler, who is now 18 months old, is already "smitten" with her 19-year-old brother. Revealing her news on "The Bonnie Hunt Show", Smart discussed the lengthy adoption process, joking, "We thought they (the siblings) were going to be closer in age when we first started this!"
Her personal life aside, Jean Smart began her acting career at Regional theater and off-Broadway in mid 1970. She made her Broadway debut in 1981, portraying Marlene Dietrich in a play called "Piaf". Some movies she has played including "A Very Married Christmas", "Lucky You" and "Hero Wanted".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video