Jean Smart Adopts Chinese Baby Girl
Jean Smart welcomed a new addition to her family in 2009 - she and her husband adopted an orphan from China. The "Samantha Who?" star, her husband Richard Gilliland and their teenage son Connor traveled to East Asia in May 2009 to bring home a 10-month-old baby girl.
And according to the proud mum, the toddler, who is now 18 months old, is already "smitten" with her 19-year-old brother. Revealing her news on "The Bonnie Hunt Show", Smart discussed the lengthy adoption process, joking, "We thought they (the siblings) were going to be closer in age when we first started this!"
Her personal life aside, Jean Smart began her acting career at Regional theater and off-Broadway in mid 1970. She made her Broadway debut in 1981, portraying Marlene Dietrich in a play called "Piaf". Some movies she has played including "A Very Married Christmas", "Lucky You" and "Hero Wanted".
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too