Jean Smart Adopts Chinese Baby Girl
Jean Smart welcomed a new addition to her family in 2009 - she and her husband adopted an orphan from China. The "Samantha Who?" star, her husband Richard Gilliland and their teenage son Connor traveled to East Asia in May 2009 to bring home a 10-month-old baby girl.
And according to the proud mum, the toddler, who is now 18 months old, is already "smitten" with her 19-year-old brother. Revealing her news on "The Bonnie Hunt Show", Smart discussed the lengthy adoption process, joking, "We thought they (the siblings) were going to be closer in age when we first started this!"
Her personal life aside, Jean Smart began her acting career at Regional theater and off-Broadway in mid 1970. She made her Broadway debut in 1981, portraying Marlene Dietrich in a play called "Piaf". Some movies she has played including "A Very Married Christmas", "Lucky You" and "Hero Wanted".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris