Rihanna Helps Leukemia-Stricken Olympic Hopeful
Kind-hearted Rihanna is desperate to find a bone-marrow donor for an Olympic hopeful suffering from leukemia. Seun Adebiyi, 26, was hoping to become the first Nigerian to compete in the Winter Olympics, but he was diagnosed with the disease as he started training.
The Yale Law School graduate is now struggling to find a bone-marrow match, so he can reverse his condition and pick up where he left off in time for the 2014 Olympics. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was heartbroken to learn of skeleton athlete Adebiyi's plight and has offered her support to a campaign to find 10,000 potential donors for leukemia society DKMS, the world's largest bone marrow donor centre.
She says, "Leukemia interrupted Seun's dream of being the first Nigerian in the Winter Olympics. But together we can help him make his dream come true! We need to find him a bone marrow donor! Please sign up with DKMS."
It is the third time the singer has stepped up to help the sick - last year 2009 she helped six-year-old Jasmina Amena find a bone-marrow match and in 2008 she did the same for young Lisa Flynn.
More Rihanna News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'