Rihanna Helps Leukemia-Stricken Olympic Hopeful
Kind-hearted Rihanna is desperate to find a bone-marrow donor for an Olympic hopeful suffering from leukemia. Seun Adebiyi, 26, was hoping to become the first Nigerian to compete in the Winter Olympics, but he was diagnosed with the disease as he started training.
The Yale Law School graduate is now struggling to find a bone-marrow match, so he can reverse his condition and pick up where he left off in time for the 2014 Olympics. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was heartbroken to learn of skeleton athlete Adebiyi's plight and has offered her support to a campaign to find 10,000 potential donors for leukemia society DKMS, the world's largest bone marrow donor centre.
She says, "Leukemia interrupted Seun's dream of being the first Nigerian in the Winter Olympics. But together we can help him make his dream come true! We need to find him a bone marrow donor! Please sign up with DKMS."
It is the third time the singer has stepped up to help the sick - last year 2009 she helped six-year-old Jasmina Amena find a bone-marrow match and in 2008 she did the same for young Lisa Flynn.
More Rihanna News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked