Rihanna Helps Leukemia-Stricken Olympic Hopeful
Kind-hearted Rihanna is desperate to find a bone-marrow donor for an Olympic hopeful suffering from leukemia. Seun Adebiyi, 26, was hoping to become the first Nigerian to compete in the Winter Olympics, but he was diagnosed with the disease as he started training.
The Yale Law School graduate is now struggling to find a bone-marrow match, so he can reverse his condition and pick up where he left off in time for the 2014 Olympics. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was heartbroken to learn of skeleton athlete Adebiyi's plight and has offered her support to a campaign to find 10,000 potential donors for leukemia society DKMS, the world's largest bone marrow donor centre.
She says, "Leukemia interrupted Seun's dream of being the first Nigerian in the Winter Olympics. But together we can help him make his dream come true! We need to find him a bone marrow donor! Please sign up with DKMS."
It is the third time the singer has stepped up to help the sick - last year 2009 she helped six-year-old Jasmina Amena find a bone-marrow match and in 2008 she did the same for young Lisa Flynn.
More Rihanna News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'