Rihanna Helps Leukemia-Stricken Olympic Hopeful
Kind-hearted Rihanna is desperate to find a bone-marrow donor for an Olympic hopeful suffering from leukemia. Seun Adebiyi, 26, was hoping to become the first Nigerian to compete in the Winter Olympics, but he was diagnosed with the disease as he started training.
The Yale Law School graduate is now struggling to find a bone-marrow match, so he can reverse his condition and pick up where he left off in time for the 2014 Olympics. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was heartbroken to learn of skeleton athlete Adebiyi's plight and has offered her support to a campaign to find 10,000 potential donors for leukemia society DKMS, the world's largest bone marrow donor centre.
She says, "Leukemia interrupted Seun's dream of being the first Nigerian in the Winter Olympics. But together we can help him make his dream come true! We need to find him a bone marrow donor! Please sign up with DKMS."
It is the third time the singer has stepped up to help the sick - last year 2009 she helped six-year-old Jasmina Amena find a bone-marrow match and in 2008 she did the same for young Lisa Flynn.
More Rihanna News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes