Wham! Agree Not to Reunite
George Michael is adamant he will never reteam with his Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley - because he is too old to relive their heyday. The singer enjoyed his first taste of fame as one-half of the 1980s duo, who charted with hits including "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" and "I'm Your Man", before going solo in the mid-1980s.
Michael is now an international gay pop icon, while Ridgeley has opted for the quiet life in Cornwall, England - and neither want to relive the past. Michael says, "Wham! was about being young and exuberant and you can't recreate that feeling at a certain age. Andrew Ridgeley and I are still good friends but I'm afraid we'll never get back together. We both agree on that."
More George Michael News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent