Natalie Portman Promises Not to Get Nude On Screen Again
Natalie Portman has made herself a promise never to strip naked on screen - because she doesn't want to find herself on a porn site. The actress partially stripped for a sex scene in 2007 movie "Hotel Chevalier", and that was enough to send lusty Internet peeping Toms into overdrive, posting stills of the saucy scene all over the web.
She told WENN, "It really depressed me that half of every review on the film was about the nudity. It made me think I shouldn't have done it. I'm not prudish about nudity. I think it's beautiful in films, and sex is such a big part of life. My issue is that I feel it takes something away from what you're doing when the focus is put on the wrong thing."
"My picture ended up on porn sites, and that's the dilemma." The experience left Portman shaken and now she's committed to keeping her clothes on at all times. She tells Elle magazine, "I just don't want to do something that will end up as a screen grab on a porn site."
"You look at Meryl Streep, who is so phenomenally, freakishly gorgeous, and, in some ways, it's just bizarre that she was never a sex symbol, but it was always about her - and now it doesn't matter that she's getting older, because we just want to continue watching her be an interesting person."
"Whereas you see actresses who marketed themselves on their bodies, and they might be good, but, over time, they just lose it because that sort of thing doesn't last." The Israel-born star is also keen to steer clear of Jewish roles: "I've always tried to stay away from playing Jews... I get, like, 20 Holocaust scripts a month, but I hate the genre."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom