Brittany Murphy's Husband Considered Suicide
Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack struggles daily without his wife - and has considered killing himself since her sudden death last month, according to his mother. The "Clueless" star, 32, died on December 20 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home. She was laid to rest on Christmas Eve, but the cause of her death has been deferred pending toxicology results.
Monjack, who married the actress in 2007, is grief-stricken over his loss and often breaks down in tears, his mother Linda reveals. She tells People.com, "Simon is exactly as you would expect someone to be who has just lost the woman he loved. Some days he wants to kill himself, and other days he seems to be coping better. He is distraught. I speak to him everyday, and he is often in tears."
Monjack's mother also opens up about her son's initial reaction to decline an autopsy on the star - revealing he didn't want his beloved wife "cut open". Linda explains, "He didn't want the autopsy (in the beginning) for the reason that anybody wouldn't want his nearest and dearest to be cut open. He realised pretty quickly that he had to agree to it, and he's waiting for the results. He wants to know what happened."
Since Murphy's death, Monjack has formed a close bond with her mum, Sharon - and turns to her for comfort in his darkest moments. Linda adds, "He's very strong, and he's got Sharon. They're very close, and they're keeping each other going. Simon's life has been shattered. He needs closure to be able to get on with it. They truly loved each other. I don't think they ever spent more than a few days apart. They were going to start a family this year."
And grieving Linda admits she will always cherish a conversation she had with Murphy and Monjack the day before her death: "Everything sounded normal and fine. It was a three-way conversation, with her laughing and talking to me in the background... She seemed in good spirits."
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera