'The Hills' Stephanie Pratt Charged With Three Years Probation
Reality TV star Stephanie Pratt has avoided jail time after reaching a plea deal with Los Angeles prosecutors in her drink driving case. "The Hills" star was arrested in October, 2009 after she failed a breath test in Los Angeles and she was formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
On Thursday, January 7, Pratt was sentenced to three years informal probation, and ordered to complete a 12-week alcohol education program and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week for eight weeks. She will also pay a fine. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for a no contest plea to one count of misdemeanour "exhibition of speed".
Her lawyer Jon Bryant tells People.com of her plans to attend rehab, "Ms. Pratt voluntarily sought help from a doctor regarding substance issues but the doctor recommended that she didn't need rehab." Pratt faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if she had been convicted of DUI.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?