'The Hills' Stephanie Pratt Charged With Three Years Probation
Reality TV star Stephanie Pratt has avoided jail time after reaching a plea deal with Los Angeles prosecutors in her drink driving case. "The Hills" star was arrested in October, 2009 after she failed a breath test in Los Angeles and she was formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
On Thursday, January 7, Pratt was sentenced to three years informal probation, and ordered to complete a 12-week alcohol education program and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week for eight weeks. She will also pay a fine. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for a no contest plea to one count of misdemeanour "exhibition of speed".
Her lawyer Jon Bryant tells People.com of her plans to attend rehab, "Ms. Pratt voluntarily sought help from a doctor regarding substance issues but the doctor recommended that she didn't need rehab." Pratt faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if she had been convicted of DUI.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital