'The Hills' Stephanie Pratt Charged With Three Years Probation
Reality TV star Stephanie Pratt has avoided jail time after reaching a plea deal with Los Angeles prosecutors in her drink driving case. "The Hills" star was arrested in October, 2009 after she failed a breath test in Los Angeles and she was formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
On Thursday, January 7, Pratt was sentenced to three years informal probation, and ordered to complete a 12-week alcohol education program and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week for eight weeks. She will also pay a fine. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for a no contest plea to one count of misdemeanour "exhibition of speed".
Her lawyer Jon Bryant tells People.com of her plans to attend rehab, "Ms. Pratt voluntarily sought help from a doctor regarding substance issues but the doctor recommended that she didn't need rehab." Pratt faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if she had been convicted of DUI.
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip