'The Hills' Stephanie Pratt Charged With Three Years Probation
Reality TV star Stephanie Pratt has avoided jail time after reaching a plea deal with Los Angeles prosecutors in her drink driving case. "The Hills" star was arrested in October, 2009 after she failed a breath test in Los Angeles and she was formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
On Thursday, January 7, Pratt was sentenced to three years informal probation, and ordered to complete a 12-week alcohol education program and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week for eight weeks. She will also pay a fine. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for a no contest plea to one count of misdemeanour "exhibition of speed".
Her lawyer Jon Bryant tells People.com of her plans to attend rehab, "Ms. Pratt voluntarily sought help from a doctor regarding substance issues but the doctor recommended that she didn't need rehab." Pratt faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if she had been convicted of DUI.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked