'The Hills' Stephanie Pratt Charged With Three Years Probation
Reality TV star Stephanie Pratt has avoided jail time after reaching a plea deal with Los Angeles prosecutors in her drink driving case. "The Hills" star was arrested in October, 2009 after she failed a breath test in Los Angeles and she was formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
On Thursday, January 7, Pratt was sentenced to three years informal probation, and ordered to complete a 12-week alcohol education program and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings a week for eight weeks. She will also pay a fine. Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for a no contest plea to one count of misdemeanour "exhibition of speed".
Her lawyer Jon Bryant tells People.com of her plans to attend rehab, "Ms. Pratt voluntarily sought help from a doctor regarding substance issues but the doctor recommended that she didn't need rehab." Pratt faced up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if she had been convicted of DUI.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image