Lindsay Lohan Said Stealing Fashion Designs
Lindsay Lohan has been accused of copying designs for her hit leggings range - days after the actress blasted a former pal for stealing her own sketches. The "Mean Girls" star released her selection of hosiery 6126 in 2008 and announced plans to expand the range to a full line of fashions last month, December 2009 - publishing new sketches online.
James Lillis, designer of Black Milk Clothing, points out similarities between the star's Diamond leggings and his own Sheer Spartan leggings on his blog toomanytights.typepad.com in a post entitled "You've Got To Be Kidding Me.... ." Meanwhile, Fashionista.com has hinted the star's geometric dress is a copycat of one designed by Jen Kao, which the star wore just last month, December 2009.
Kao tells Women's Wear Daily, "While we are all well aware that being 'mimicked' or 'copied' has always existed in this industry, I think the evolution of it all has grown to an alarming level. It's a shame to support the concept of taking advantage of designers who are still trying to develop a name and solidify the image of their design aesthetic."
Lohan has yet to respond to the accusations. However 6126 President Kristi Kaylor has defended the actress, saying: "The alleged 'copying' claims made by these companies are false and have absolutely no merit or validity whatsoever."
"Any alleged similarities are purely coincidental. The 6126 illustrations for the upcoming fall 2010 collections do not even describe the fabric content, fit or actual construction details of the garments. This is merely an accusation based upon a pencil sketch with no concrete viable evidence to back up the allegations."
Earlier January, Lohan accused her former pal, aspiring designer Patrick 'Pootie' Aufdenkamp, of taking copies of her own sketches to use as his own. He has denied the claims.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'