Lindsay Lohan Said Stealing Fashion Designs
Lindsay Lohan has been accused of copying designs for her hit leggings range - days after the actress blasted a former pal for stealing her own sketches. The "Mean Girls" star released her selection of hosiery 6126 in 2008 and announced plans to expand the range to a full line of fashions last month, December 2009 - publishing new sketches online.
James Lillis, designer of Black Milk Clothing, points out similarities between the star's Diamond leggings and his own Sheer Spartan leggings on his blog toomanytights.typepad.com in a post entitled "You've Got To Be Kidding Me.... ." Meanwhile, Fashionista.com has hinted the star's geometric dress is a copycat of one designed by Jen Kao, which the star wore just last month, December 2009.
Kao tells Women's Wear Daily, "While we are all well aware that being 'mimicked' or 'copied' has always existed in this industry, I think the evolution of it all has grown to an alarming level. It's a shame to support the concept of taking advantage of designers who are still trying to develop a name and solidify the image of their design aesthetic."
Lohan has yet to respond to the accusations. However 6126 President Kristi Kaylor has defended the actress, saying: "The alleged 'copying' claims made by these companies are false and have absolutely no merit or validity whatsoever."
"Any alleged similarities are purely coincidental. The 6126 illustrations for the upcoming fall 2010 collections do not even describe the fabric content, fit or actual construction details of the garments. This is merely an accusation based upon a pencil sketch with no concrete viable evidence to back up the allegations."
Earlier January, Lohan accused her former pal, aspiring designer Patrick 'Pootie' Aufdenkamp, of taking copies of her own sketches to use as his own. He has denied the claims.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign