Jackson Rathbone Forced to Drop His Varg Vikernes Role
"Twilight" star Jackson Rathbone has been forced to pull out of playing rocker-turned-killer Varg Vikernes in a new movie. The actor, who played Jasper Hale in the vampire love story, was due to take the lead role in "Lords of Chaos" but has dropped out because of a scheduling clash, reports Blabbermouth.net.
Vikernes, the former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum, was jailed for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth. The incarcerated rocker was also found guilty of burning down three churches. Sion Sono's film will take a close look at Norway's black metal subculture of the early 1990s.
Jackson Rathbone will be seen reprising his role as Jasper Hale in upcoming movie "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 30, 2010. Beside playing for the third installment of the vampire movie series, he will also tackle the role of Sokka in "The Last Airbender" which will be released in the U.S. on July 2.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival