Jackson Rathbone Forced to Drop His Varg Vikernes Role
"Twilight" star Jackson Rathbone has been forced to pull out of playing rocker-turned-killer Varg Vikernes in a new movie. The actor, who played Jasper Hale in the vampire love story, was due to take the lead role in "Lords of Chaos" but has dropped out because of a scheduling clash, reports Blabbermouth.net.
Vikernes, the former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum, was jailed for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth. The incarcerated rocker was also found guilty of burning down three churches. Sion Sono's film will take a close look at Norway's black metal subculture of the early 1990s.
Jackson Rathbone will be seen reprising his role as Jasper Hale in upcoming movie "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 30, 2010. Beside playing for the third installment of the vampire movie series, he will also tackle the role of Sokka in "The Last Airbender" which will be released in the U.S. on July 2.
More Jackson Rathbone News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding