Jackson Rathbone Forced to Drop His Varg Vikernes Role
"Twilight" star Jackson Rathbone has been forced to pull out of playing rocker-turned-killer Varg Vikernes in a new movie. The actor, who played Jasper Hale in the vampire love story, was due to take the lead role in "Lords of Chaos" but has dropped out because of a scheduling clash, reports Blabbermouth.net.
Vikernes, the former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum, was jailed for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth. The incarcerated rocker was also found guilty of burning down three churches. Sion Sono's film will take a close look at Norway's black metal subculture of the early 1990s.
Jackson Rathbone will be seen reprising his role as Jasper Hale in upcoming movie "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 30, 2010. Beside playing for the third installment of the vampire movie series, he will also tackle the role of Sokka in "The Last Airbender" which will be released in the U.S. on July 2.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos