Jackson Rathbone Forced to Drop His Varg Vikernes Role
"Twilight" star Jackson Rathbone has been forced to pull out of playing rocker-turned-killer Varg Vikernes in a new movie. The actor, who played Jasper Hale in the vampire love story, was due to take the lead role in "Lords of Chaos" but has dropped out because of a scheduling clash, reports Blabbermouth.net.
Vikernes, the former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum, was jailed for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth. The incarcerated rocker was also found guilty of burning down three churches. Sion Sono's film will take a close look at Norway's black metal subculture of the early 1990s.
Jackson Rathbone will be seen reprising his role as Jasper Hale in upcoming movie "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on June 30, 2010. Beside playing for the third installment of the vampire movie series, he will also tackle the role of Sokka in "The Last Airbender" which will be released in the U.S. on July 2.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money