James Franco Will Be Seen Cutting Arm in 'General Hospital'
James Franco is following up his stint on "General Hospital" with a more adventurous role - he's signed up to play a real-life mountaineer who amputated his own arm. The actor has been cast in Danny Boyle's upcoming 127 Hours, based on the true story of climber Aron Ralston who was forced to saw off his limb after a boulder fell onto him while he was climbing in Utah in 2003.
Ralston was trapped in the canyon for five days before he used a blunt knife to free himself and was eventually rescued by helicopter. Boyle is drafting the script with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote the screenplay for his 2008 hit "Slumdog Millionaire". Filming is scheduled to begin in March 2010 in Utah.
Beside landing a role in TV series "General Hospital", James Franco will also be seen making cameo in an episode of "30 Rock", which is going to hit the small screen on January 14. He will appear in an episode called "Klaus and Greta" where he pretends to date Jane Krakowski's Jenna Maroney.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'