James Franco Will Be Seen Cutting Arm in 'General Hospital'
James Franco is following up his stint on "General Hospital" with a more adventurous role - he's signed up to play a real-life mountaineer who amputated his own arm. The actor has been cast in Danny Boyle's upcoming 127 Hours, based on the true story of climber Aron Ralston who was forced to saw off his limb after a boulder fell onto him while he was climbing in Utah in 2003.
Ralston was trapped in the canyon for five days before he used a blunt knife to free himself and was eventually rescued by helicopter. Boyle is drafting the script with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote the screenplay for his 2008 hit "Slumdog Millionaire". Filming is scheduled to begin in March 2010 in Utah.
Beside landing a role in TV series "General Hospital", James Franco will also be seen making cameo in an episode of "30 Rock", which is going to hit the small screen on January 14. He will appear in an episode called "Klaus and Greta" where he pretends to date Jane Krakowski's Jenna Maroney.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says