James Franco Will Be Seen Cutting Arm in 'General Hospital'
James Franco is following up his stint on "General Hospital" with a more adventurous role - he's signed up to play a real-life mountaineer who amputated his own arm. The actor has been cast in Danny Boyle's upcoming 127 Hours, based on the true story of climber Aron Ralston who was forced to saw off his limb after a boulder fell onto him while he was climbing in Utah in 2003.
Ralston was trapped in the canyon for five days before he used a blunt knife to free himself and was eventually rescued by helicopter. Boyle is drafting the script with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote the screenplay for his 2008 hit "Slumdog Millionaire". Filming is scheduled to begin in March 2010 in Utah.
Beside landing a role in TV series "General Hospital", James Franco will also be seen making cameo in an episode of "30 Rock", which is going to hit the small screen on January 14. He will appear in an episode called "Klaus and Greta" where he pretends to date Jane Krakowski's Jenna Maroney.
More James Franco News
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed