James Franco Will Be Seen Cutting Arm in 'General Hospital'
James Franco is following up his stint on "General Hospital" with a more adventurous role - he's signed up to play a real-life mountaineer who amputated his own arm. The actor has been cast in Danny Boyle's upcoming 127 Hours, based on the true story of climber Aron Ralston who was forced to saw off his limb after a boulder fell onto him while he was climbing in Utah in 2003.
Ralston was trapped in the canyon for five days before he used a blunt knife to free himself and was eventually rescued by helicopter. Boyle is drafting the script with Simon Beaufoy, who wrote the screenplay for his 2008 hit "Slumdog Millionaire". Filming is scheduled to begin in March 2010 in Utah.
Beside landing a role in TV series "General Hospital", James Franco will also be seen making cameo in an episode of "30 Rock", which is going to hit the small screen on January 14. He will appear in an episode called "Klaus and Greta" where he pretends to date Jane Krakowski's Jenna Maroney.
More James Franco News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors